LegacyGT.com

best clutch these days?

SSpeed

I'm pretty sure I have a cracked pressure plate. What's the best clutch these days for a stage 3 car? No ACT please...

Symptoms:

Car won't go in to gear unless the engine is off

If I rev with the clutch in and in gear it will creep slowly

Bled the clutch and am getting full throw at the slave cylinder

the clutch fork moves freely

Brian, I had a stage 3 organic. I guess that corresponds to their daily? Maybe I should consider the endurance?

Max, I've been out of the loop too long, what is the spec 2?

I should clarify my configuration:

Like any mild stage 3 car in thin air Colorado, the car does 310 ft lbs to the wheels at 3200ish rpm, peak hp is about 290 to the wheels. I may increase this by about 50-100 hp (and ft lbs) in the next year or two and the clutch option should take that in to consideration too. I drag it from a stop rarely, but do floor it from a roll a lot, quite a lot. :) The clutch also does a ton of stop and go traffic.

http://www.specclutch.com/cars/Subaru/Legacy/2005/Single

Make sure you get a steel SMFW.

You might want to think a about Spec 2+. I had one of those two. It was a little chattery when damp, sometimes, but a side step of the clutch pedal would fix that. Or just stop babying it. At 85,000 miles the 2+ was still going strong.

I went to a Spec 2 with the new ej257.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived