LegacyGT.com

2005 lgt issues

I have a 2005 lgt 5 speed manual. The car has codes for cylinder misfires on the 2nd and 4th cylinders. And it also seems to struggle when idling, especially when stopping at a light or sign. It usually stalls out when I push in the clutch or put it into neutral. I took it to my mechanic and he said he couldn't find anything, but the turbo is potentially blown. I was planning on replacing the turbo either way but I'm wondering if the misfires and loss of power is related to the blown turbo? I also have a cobb ap v3, wondering if I need to just tune it? The only mod is a catback exhaust, everything else is stock and the car has about 107000 miles. Advice is needed!

Welcome to the site.

First off, if you think the turbo is bad do not start the engine until you have checked the turbo for shaft play. Pull the down pipe wiggle the turbine wheel.

Most likely you need to replace the 4 o-rings between the intake manifold and the TGV's. They can cause idle issues when its cold out. When you see the new larger orange o-rings, you'll understand.

Have them replaced.

here's the manual, http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

the 2005 GT's start around page 1604.

If the car has been on the stock tune, you could have burnt valves, a compression test will tell if that's a issue.

Has the timing belt been replaced, its due at 105,000 miles.

Read the sticky's at the top of the forum, lots of info there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived