LegacyGT.com

At what point does it become feasible to part your car out

Interiors go for 800 or so and the arms should bring around 750 right? I figure 500 for the wheels and tires. 300 for.the intercooler.

Any other desirable parts?

I.have the tools to do it, engine lift, etc..but it seems like a shame to Butcher it up.

I would be more patient and wait for the right buyer to come along, winter is coming and ya never know who is gonna be looking for a quick awd vehicle with a fresh engine! In the meantime Maybe get some of that damage fixed, as im sure thats making potential buyers walk away. It looks pretty bad in my opinion... good luck with the sale though!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Damn well I know the feeling.. I had close to that much into my Sti before the second motor blew up on me and I couldn't afford to put a third motor in it, so I sold it with a blown engine for what I still owed on the car and paid it off... now im still paying off credit cards from all the work I had done lol anyways I think you have a fair price on it I would just be patient, unless you have to get rid of it soon then id say part away!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Damn well I know the feeling.. I had close to that much into my Sti before the second motor blew up on me and I couldn't afford to put a third motor in it, so I sold it with a blown engine for what I still owed on the car and paid it off... now im still paying off credit cards from all the work I had done lol anyways I think you have a fair price on it I would just be patient, unless you have to get rid of it soon then id say part away!

IMO parting it out is likely to drag out getting rid of it. If he wants to get rid of it all he needs to do is lower the price. At some price there will be a buyer.

Yeah, I've just got the itch, sick of paying for insurance for it.

Well since you've been paying for insurance, if you have comprehensive, get all that damage fixed, and ask 10k.

What's your deductible?

Parting a car out is a pain dealing with all the buyers, ball bustering low ballers, tire kickers, idiots wanting shipping quotes, and not to mention shipping all the parts. I have parted cars out before, it took me about 3x as much time shipping/selling as I spent disassembling the car. I personally would want to make another $3k on top of what you could sell your car for time spent disassembling and selling/shipping the parts. So if you want 7k, I would want to get 10k for parts.

Archived