LegacyGT.com

best snow tires for 2.5i automatic

Looking to get adequate tires for the Colorado winter. Some of you will laugh but last winter was relatively harsh and this one is expected to be worse. Looking for a good snow tire for my stock wheels (2008 model) and I hope to buy a different set of rims to put other tires on for spring/summer.

Any recommendations for the snow tires? Automatic transmission 2008 2.5i totally stock

Buy any top rated winter tire when it's on sale. That is the one for you.

Never pay full price for tires because they always go on sale.

As we approach winter, maybe you are too late for the great deals. Can you last on the stockers this year and get a sweet deal on a set in the spring when they are all getting cleared out?

Firestone Winterforce are the best value especially for deep snow. but I don't recommend them on long trips at interstate speeds. They are loud and squishy. I actually prefer steel wheels over aluminum. The heavier steel will allow it to bite down better on ice.

Everyone says the Bridgestone Blizzak but I think at 75% life or was it 50% it's just a standard A/S tire?

I have these crappy Conti SSR tires and they are loud as hell with maybe about 30% life left on them and I'm debating on which winter tire to put on them.

i will take a peek at the blizzaks...what would a fair price be to have them bought, delivered, and put on my car?

also wanting the snow tire to ride well on a dry highway...keep in mind this is colorado, some times the snow comes and goes

on the blizzaks the difference between the ws70 and ws80 is just an updated tread pattern, right? i can only find the ws80 and need to buy soon.

also, shop is quoting me $976 to order them/mount them/get me out the door, is this a ripoff?

Check your local craigslist - I almost never buy tires brand new.

Just picked up a set of 4 WS80's for the 17" wheels on the the outback for $180 and they have about 70% tread on them still.

And I picked up some 18" WS70's with literally 90%+ tread left for $100 just 2 days ago, yes a set of 4 tires!

I have for sale 4 Hankook icept EVo snow tires that have been used for about 6,000 miles. 215/45R15 91H extra load

$400 obo plus shipping

Good deal. One of the highest rated snow tires according to most recent consumer reports article.

I'm running General Altimax snow tires and was very happy with them. The blizzaks probably perform a tab better but the Generals do just fine and are about $100 cheaper.

I think your car will be fine on any decent winter tires. Why spend a ton of money on tires for a car that has very little power? The all wheel drive should be enough for you. If you must spend money on something you really dont need, go with blizzacks.. my 2 cents

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived