LegacyGT.com

12 Speaker Harmon Kardon

jasonmlb

I have looked all over and I can't seem to find all 12 speakers - it's driving me crazy. There are 3 under the windshield, 1 in each front door, 2 in each rear door, and 1 woofer on the rear shelf. That totals 10. Where the heck are the 2 others???:spin:

Another audio note about the 2015 limited stereo. If you also read the literature it says the power output is equivalent to 576 watts. I would guess they are using class d amplifiers (more than 90 efficient) vs typical audio class a/b which is 50% efficient. Anyways it it's probably a 300 watt stereo.

• 8 months later...
Guest rayms69
its certainly not the greatest, but in 30 years? I think it sounds great for a stock system. Most people would think its adequate in a $30K car, at least they tried

I came out of a 2012 Maxima and the stereo system blew this one away. My 2001 Outback LLbean blew this system away. I paid for a premium system with certain advertised features and did not get them. I am starting to think Subaru inadvertently reversed the units for the Premium model and the Limited Model on the production line.

Apparently an upgrade to HK is not available through Subaru. CD players stopped working within a couple of months and head unit was replaced under warranty. Queried the extremely poor quality of sound and service manager advised that is how Subaru stereos all sound. Following these threads it appears upgrading speakers may improve things but not sufficiently due to inferior quality head unit. Any recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...
Of course! After test driving several gen V and finding no fault with stereos I assumed similar quality sound system would be in new model. I didn't focus on that aspect during the one test drive taken before purchase as there were many other new things to absorb.

Subaru's sound systems have been all over the map.

My 1990 Legacy had Aux-in

My 2003 Outback H6 had a better sounding stereo than my 2005 XT (No, it wasn't the McIntosh), the Impreza/Forester stereos have always sounded like crap

Archived