LegacyGT.com

Looking at getting a tune

1-3-2-4

Right now I'm leaning to opensource because I can't find a used unmarried AP for a decent price.

I've gone as far as downloading the programs needed for opensource but that's all I have done so far.

Anything else I need before going forward with the opensource?

There appears to be quite a few etuners on this site, someone I'm sure could help you out, reading a lot of posts from them I'm sure if you contact them they'll walk you through saving the definitions you'll need for your software. Cables, I am still using my VAG-COM but with this whole FTDI chip thing going on I'm more inclined to purchase a Tactrix, one less issue to worry about. If you do go VAG-COM make sure you get the right chipset or it will not work. I believe iNVAR did the write up about which chip to buy, FT232BL is the correct one.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/vag-com-cables-chipsets-ft232rl-ch340-214994p2.html

Top of page 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I still can't get Romraider to datalog.. says it can't init to ECU.. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong?

*edit I just saw about the run and install as admin.. going to go back out in a few and check it out.

Archived