LegacyGT.com

356 HP 6 speed manual V8 powered BH

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Victor V8 Build List

r180 Rear Diff $450

Amazing build! But hows that r180 rear diff holding up? Is it welded? Open? LSD? I've read a few threads about RWD Subaru's not being able to handle much power without turning themselves inside out. :spin:

According to a few people that have wasted a lot of time and money on converting AWD to RWD, a R200 diff is able to handle a substantial amount of tq. Might not be true though, this is the internet...

Please please please post a video of it sliding around?

just found this thread. this is great. bravo.

just to chime in on going widebody... I think that goes against the entire aesthetic of this build. it looks like a well cared for, stanced BH. no one would ever think it's a LS-swapped RWD drift monster. you add 335 rear tires under flares and it ruins the illusion.

That's awesome! I bet that cost way way more than my LS though. I was reading the comments after the video and I thought this one was funny...

"only in a BRZ is a motorcycle engine swap considered an upgrade":lol:

just found this thread. this is great. bravo.

just to chime in on going widebody... I think that goes against the entire aesthetic of this build. it looks like a well cared for, stanced BH. no one would ever think it's a LS-swapped RWD drift monster. you add 335 rear tires under flares and it ruins the illusion.

Thanks and I agree 100%. I'll never wide body it. That defeats the whole point.

Because, SLEEPER. :)

Amazing build! But hows that r180 rear diff holding up? Is it welded? Open? LSD? I've read a few threads about RWD Subaru's not being able to handle much power without turning themselves inside out. :spin:

According to a few people that have wasted a lot of time and money on converting AWD to RWD, a R200 diff is able to handle a substantial amount of tq. Might not be true though, this is the internet...

Please please please post a video of it sliding around?

So far the rear diff is fine. I did just have my first failure however. The slave cylinder bit the dust. The car is down right now. We're going to replace the slave with something beefier, hopefully over Presidents day week.

• 4 months later...
Thanks man. It's still got the stock Legacy muffler which I'm sure sucks for performance and it's too quiet. After I get some other things dialed in, I'll get a much better exhaust system on it and I'm sure it will be nice and throaty, even with the stock cam. I honestly can't imagine adding more power to it right now. :eek:

What about some electric cutouts? now that would be BADASS

What about some electric cutouts? now that would be BADASS

That WOULD be bad ass! I did get rid of the Legacy muffler and replaced it with a Magna Flow. It sounds WAY better. Of course it runs better too. I should have done that on day one. :mad:

Archived