LegacyGT.com

rear ended...

so around 10am in yielding to traffic in a roundabout, i get rear ended.. pretty low speed.. like 5-10mph maybe..

as you can see below my car took all of the damage and her car barely took any... like bent license plate status.

my issue is that she was evading giving me her insurance info, and ultimately didnt. she gave me her business card -which i looked up online and it matches but she seemed to be implying that.."oh idk what damage you had there first" like i would secede from the issue being okay with my fucked up stuff..

she's "going to give me a call later" as she was on the way to work but idk what to do really seeing as how this is my first instance dealing with this.. i took these photos obviously and wrote down my description of the event with her info but thats it.. there were no police or witnesses that stodded or anything so... idk

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/Black%20Subaru/IMG_20141025_101514.jpg

---------------------

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/wakeboardingguy/Black%20Subaru/Snapchat-6042338931397935955.jpg

I would have called the cops just so it's documented. Here in VA you're supposed to report it if damage over $1K is likely. A guy hit me low speed in my Corolla and the only damage I could see was a creased rear bumper cover and the spare tire well was pushed in a little (his bumper went underneath- crunched his front end). Mine didn't seem bad but ended up being $2,100 (we did call the cops and he was ticketed also).

The b':ch probably didn't have insurance. I hope you got all her other info and called the cops so she can get her ticket. Too many ass clowns on the road without insurance. She was probably texting.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

yeah man you need to call your insurance right away and tell them she took off with a stupid excuse and refused to give you her insurance info, and file a police report since they will probably want one on file so they can validate your claim more. it isn't fully a hit and run since she stopped but since she didn't give any insurance info it may be considered one

at least you took the pics! her license plate and front end damage make your claim a lot more valid on paper.

a few months ago when we had some snow just starting to stick like 1" at most but somehow that pretty much stopped traffic (took me 3 hours to get the 2.5 miles to the freeway) a F***ing cabbie cut me off mid way thru an intersection right at the on ramp I slid into the back of his van cuz he left me no room to stop, it did almost 0 damage, only one single 1/8"x1/4" chip in the paint on his rear bumper and the front end on the car I was in was already a bit dinged up so it was a no damage accident but still called the cops, but the cabbie didn't give me his insurance info and the cop let him leave because he wasn't paying attention and he was complaining that he needed to get his passengers where they were going hence why he cut past several hours worth of traffic and cut over right at the freeway (about lost my cool and beat the guy), phone was dead so no pics were taken, insurance company dropped me and they called it my fault since I couldn't provide info for the cab

• 3 months later...
My bumper looked like it had little or no damage and under the plastic bumper and the filler pad there was a hole bigger than a 50 cal on the extruded aluminum gas tank protector. You have to keep in mind that the rear has no crumple zone, break away motor mounts or other safety features. It is there to protect the gas tank PERIOD. Since she was in a newer Honda arrow nosed mini vans, only the protruding licence screws are visible, yet the damage to the extrusion is beyond belief. She was texting on a 70MPH toll road and I heard no braking noise what so ever. I was stopped and had just started moving when BOOM it happened in the blink of an eye. She claimed to being slow getting over to the service road because " I dropped my I Phone" upon impact. I would hope the crumple zones and motor mounts on her Honda are checked for damage, since her air bags didn't deploy.

Archived