LegacyGT.com

Adjusting Konis

bluesuby

I have a 2005 LGT Wagon and it's been about 50,000 miles since replacing OEM struts with Konis. I'm thinking about turning the Konis in the front to a stiffer setting (maybe a click or two) but leaving the rears alone. The rears still feel good and have taken the float out of the back and removal of body panels to get to the rears is a lot of trouble.

Will increasing front stiffness have any undesirable effects? I'm thinking maybe a slight increase in understeer but nothing drastic.

I prefer stiffening the rear shocks instead of front to give a little more oversteer instead of under steer. I have mine full soft in the front and 1/4 turn from full soft in the rear. Feel great!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

no. the compression forces are fixed and not adjustable. thats all. the shock controls the spring. the spring foes not take care of anything other than picking the car off the ground and building up force once compressed. the shock has to control that movement

^thats misleading since compressions firmness wont change. Its about control of the oscillation. With rebound adjustment, you are trying to reach critical dampening wher the shock returns to equilibrium as quick as possible without extra movement or or oscillations.

see here- http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html

Archived