LegacyGT.com

Spec B in Suby Drive Performance Mag

rfd425

I just got the new issue of Subaru Drive Performance magazine today in the mail. It had a little article about the Spec B.

They describe the interior color as Brick Red, and I have to say that it looks more interesting in their pics than in any others I have seen up until now. It appears to be much darker (and better looking) than in the flash photos I had seen previously.

The wheels are 18x7 (kind of a weird dimension, if you ask me), 10-spoke, and the tires are Bridgestone RE050A Summer's (I guess they put "Summer" in the name to try to get the message across to idiots that you shouldn't run them in snow).

Among other features, besides the Bilstein suspension, are an MP3 player, upgraded speakers, steering wheel audio controls, and a tire pressure monitoring system (are these run-flats?).

There is no indication of price. It seems like a nice package, but I wish it had more performance features instead of bling.

I got the same magazine...and they are also going to include numbering inside the vehicle, for this 'special' version. Each of the 500 vehicles will have individual numbers on them. Interesting...almost like a 'collectors' edition car.

Also, aluminum-alloy suspension pieces, aside from the bilsteins...wonder what those are? Oh well, guess we shall have to wait for more info...when the car is released this fall.

Yup. Already tried to sell the wife on the "brick" red interior...

The exterior pic makes it seem like it is on stilts, though. They put 18s on without dropping the ride height back down...

I just have to wait and see how much it will cost. But I just went over the family budget again tonight, and It might not matter soon enough to get in on it... :-( Damn fuel and food costs going up...

What's Drive Performance? I get one that says Drive on the cover.

Another magazine from Subaru...comes from the WI location. Featured the '06 WRX, the world rally car, the spec B. etc. The cover reads:

'Drive Performance: Version 2.1 - The magazine for Performance-Driven Enthusiasts"

I didn't get one, but my brother, who now owns an impreza got one. Not sure why...but, oh well...

I just got it in the mail to and, like mentioned above, I think the car looks much better in this article.

I immediately showed it to the wife...but with only 500 made I don't think I'll make it.

Want one bad.........

I will be in a better position for a new car this Jan. When does it come out?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Guest *Jedimaster*
i'll be buying one in CA somewhere.... if only I knew a dealer that wanted some advertising... hmmmm...

Really? That'll be cool- be sure to post up lots of pix.

i'll be buying one in CA somewhere.... if only I knew a dealer that wanted some advertising... hmmmm...

Gee...I'd tell you to contact Ed Rossi (owner) here at Marin Subaru, but then again, I don't want to be busted for trying to be a non-paying vendor or anything. Besides, I just sell parts, so what do I know?? ;)

the car that everyone wants...

I think the desirability will depend greatly on where the Spec B is priced. It seems like the general consensus is that if it's in the $34K range, very few people on this board will want one. At $31K, it becomes more attractive.

Originally, I think a lot of us were turned off by the color combination, but if the picture in Drive Performance is an accurate representation, that interior color is actually pretty cool.

So, does anyone have any real knowledge as to the pricing of the Spec B?

No pricing has been announced. My guess is $32,995 (wishful), $33,995 likely. But who knows. :shrug:

The other part of that question is how much if any discount off MSRP will buyers be able to get? $3-4K more than a regular LGT limited wouldn't be too bad, but if they are really going to cost $34K vs. $27K for a LGT ltd., well, that seems hard to justify.

I just read mine too. It's gonna be a 2.5Turbo.... I thought it was gonna be the H6 with a 6speed.

mwiener2, you're getting the Spec B confused with the rumored, future, possible, hinted-at Legacy STi (now STI - they caved in to the stupidity of those who couldn't figure out the 'i' was lowercase. They should've just left it lowercase and let 'em figure it out. Sheesh!)

I still hear the occasional whisper that the twin-turbo H6 with 6-spd is coming in mid-2006 as a 2007 model. It'll most likely come with the lovely airplane grille. Looks like they're giving us the hardware we really, really want only if we accept the new grille. Ugh!

It's a good thing that most people will only see the back end as it screams off toward the horizon....

Just to run the numbers specifically:

$28,795 GT Limited

-- Could you get the non-limited, sure, but we're comparing apples to apples.

$2,000 Subaru Navigation

-- Non factory nav is cheaper, but the intergration is better (for resale too)

$2,237 For Wheels and Tires

-- Not inc. shipping -- OZ 18" and RE050A tires, source Tirerack.com

$1,000 Suspension

-- Based on takeoffs selling for $750+ a set

$0 Red Leather / Special Floormats / Misc.

-- Yeah, well beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

----------

$34,032 to 'build it yourself' Spec.B

The other part of that question is how much if any discount off MSRP will buyers be able to get? $3-4K more than a regular LGT limited wouldn't be too bad, but if they are really going to cost $34K vs. $27K for a LGT ltd., well, that seems hard to justify.

Archived