LegacyGT.com

Invidia Q300 or Other

Hey guys I have been thinking about doing a CBE on my '09 LGT for a while now. I really like the look and sound (based on youtube) of the Invidia Q300 but after speaking to a local subie shop the guy there warned me that the Q300 is a pretty loud exhaust and I may get pulled over by the cops frequently. My buddy just did a Magnaflow CBE on his '09 LGT and it definitely makes noise but not enough that it really bothers anyone. My question is do you think the Invidia is louder than the Magnaflows or around the same? I live about 30 minutes from Boston if anyone would be willing to let me hear their exhausts that would really help me out.

Also right now I am completely stock and I don't really plan on doing anything else to the exhaust other than the CBE.

Any other info or advise you guys have is much appreciated!

Personally I find the Invidia perfect, It'll be loud when stomp on it but unless you're ripping thru town 24/7 I can't imagine a cop pulling you over for it. But that also is dependent on what state you're in.

I personally don't have the Invidia on my 08 Spec.B yet however my friend has it on his 05 and he can't get enough of the way it sounds and has yet to be pulled over here in Utah.

I am from Massachusetts. From what I understand state law doesn't set a limit for exhaust volume but it does say something on the lines of you can't run anything other than stock. With that said I see a lot of people with aftermarket exhausts and straight pipes. Whether they are getting pulled over or not I'm not sure.

Q300's are a great bang for the buck exhaust. Good quality, sound and price.

I sell the most of those over all cars I sell to compared to any other exhaust.

If you want a quote let me know. We have big sales on Q300's!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

I just went Stage 2 a few days ago.

The INVIDIA Q300 is NOT a loud exhaust. It is a CLASSY exhaust.

You will NOT be pulled over from local authorities. Since you have stock DP which is catted, you will muffle ~30% of the rumble unless you go catless. I have a full turbo-back.

Grimmspeed limited ed. Catted downpipe which is 3inch.

Connected to the Q300 which is 3 inches and narrows to a 2.5 inch at the Y joint. And also a Grimmspeed Up Pipe. It is very very subtle. I'd say go for it if you want a more classy sounding exhaust. I'm almost tempted to sell my DP for a catless just to hear my car. Tbh I was a bit disappointed when I started my car up as soon the exhaust was installed. I came from a resonator-delete OEM pipes to added Tenzo R Axle-Backs. Those were much louder than the current.

Depending on your taste, go for it.

Does no one like the Borla? I never see it mentioned. :-P

Granted, youtube videos are hardly gospel, but it sounds deeper and cleaner than the invidia which sounds a bit tinny to me.

2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ PP (6MT)

2006 LGT Ltd 5MT OBP Cobb Short Throw Shifter | GS Catless Up Pipe Gone

I have the Borla on my wagon and I actually have run it with the stock downpipe as well my current set up with the full catless downpipe and catless up pipe. With the stock downpipe it is nice and quiet on the freeway and when just cruising around NO DRONE! but then when you really get on it it comes alive and is noticeably louder. Now when catless there is no hiding the rumble at all. It is loud when cruising however there isn't much drone but then is completely unleashed when you get on the throttle. It gets nice and loud and you get people looking at you funny when a wagon is that loud.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Reporting back...

Had the Invidia Q300 installed today from Motive Auto Works in Woburn, MA (Best shop I've ever been to hands down!) and I absolutely love it. At idle and highway cruising it is very quiet but when you get on it it sounds really nice. After originally being worried about the noise level drawing too much attention I couldn't be more satisfied.

We'll see how the break in period goes but if the noise level stays low I may consider doing a DP next summer and going stage 2.

I'll post a video at some point when I get a chance. My buddy has Magnaflow mufflers with custom 3" pipping from the mid pipe back (resonator delete) and the main differences are the following...

Magnaflow: Definitely louder and maybe a little deeper however more "noise" than boxer rumble. Also has much more drone in the car but still quiet enough to have a conversation. If you're planning on doing a DP in the future I might be concerned about noise level.

Q300: Does an excellent job of producing a nice boxer rumble. Very quiet on the inside of the car at 5th gear or low rpms. I feel that if I were to do a DP it would be the perfect amount of noise without bothering people (Fuzz). Also the Q300 just looks so mean imo, I know some people don't like the tips sticking out so far but it doesn't bother me one bit.

Overall I'd say if you just want a CBE and don't plan on doing any other exhaust mods the Magnaflow is a solid choice for getting a good sound and more airflow. If you want to do UP DP etc. I would go for the Q300. This is all just my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived