LegacyGT.com

2015 wanderer..

cerbomark

My 2015 wanders on the highway. Also know as tramling.

2000 miles. Tire pressure is correct. My guess is an alignment. The dealer will probably fight me on that (as if I did something to knock it out, but not true)..

Has anyone corrected this problem with an alignment?

Dealer trip soon.

Where upstate did you buy it?

Alignment usually fixes that. Make sure they not only get it in spec but both sides are even. We've seen this happen when you have both sides at opposite edges of "spec".

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

update/ dealer did alignment and it was off slightly. everything else checked out. I don t think this may have been the issue. Drives dead straight under 60 mph. Drove 75 MPH on the twisty mountain road with no troubles. I ll check when I drive on the interstates at 70 and over to see but I thought I still felt a little wander. ??

Maybe it s the electronic steering we don t like in the 15s??

Even Porsche 911s went that route and many report they don t like the numb feeling. Don t know. I love the car but this one thing may have to live with??

Tires/OK, alignment/OK, undercar inspection/OK.

I had a similar issue with one of my parents cars, the issue has gotten better as the tread has worn down.

There's a guy that visits some online forums named capriracer, he has worked in the tire industry for a long time and knows a lot about this kind of thing. I googled "capriracer tramlining" or "capriracer groove wander" and he says the tread pattern/spacing on a tire has a lot to do with this phenomenon as well, in addition to the road surface.

*Bobistheoilguy.com is the forum I also visit that he posts on quite a bit.

I had a similar issue with one of my parents cars, the issue has gotten better as the tread has worn down.

There's a guy that visits some online forums named capriracer, he has worked in the tire industry for a long time and knows a lot about this kind of thing. I googled "capriracer tramlining" or "capriracer groove wander" and he says the tread pattern/spacing on a tire has a lot to do with this phenomenon as well, in addition to the road surface.

thanks for the ideas... that make lots of sense and I have heard about this also.

I was going to say that as a followup, that the OEM tread pattern and tires could be part of the issue. They don't pick the best tires, just the cheapest bidder...

Side note, I have a place not far from Utica and http://48hrs.info The 48hrs of Tristate Charity drive will be stopping overnight in Utica this January on our annual road trip to raise money!

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Archived