LegacyGT.com

4th Gen Rear Diffuser

element899

So I've seen diffusers that attach to the bumper, but I want to know if anyone has bought one that actually creates less drag like this one.

I'm thinking of buying this one, and rigging something up.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0121/1482/products/kgrhqmokjse6qcbrnybosyn8yu7q_60_12_1024x1024.jpg?v=1326145946

I have the TRF rear diffuser made by Hanger I think, only made a few and I got my hands on one.

20140111_160821.jpg

But then I got in an accident and killed it :(

20140304_204446.jpg

And then I found another one :icon_chee

20140429_173723.jpg

5.JPG

First picture was before I untucked my mufflers. They're now hanging freely on 90k stock hangers and fit fine and sit surprisingly even.

10547716_1484713361815070_3265321499436335117_o.jpg

Semi-recent picture, really hard to pick up in pictures, since my car is lowered and it just blends with the shadows. I still love it though!

I'm planning on making one exactly like that actually. I'm probably cutting the black plastic out as well. As long as it works like I think it will. Hahaha.

Also, blacktop aero makes one that kinda just sticks to the back of the bumper, but it looks big and out of place imo

Edit: How much is the one you posted? I wanted to make mine a little wider, but if it's a decent price I'll consider just buying that one.

I'm planning on making one exactly like that actually. I'm probably cutting the black plastic out as well. As long as it works like I think it will. Hahaha.

Also, blacktop aero makes one that kinda just sticks to the back of the bumper, but it looks big and out of place imo

Edit: How much is the one you posted? I wanted to make mine a little wider, but if it's a decent price I'll consider just buying that one.

The one i posted goes for $80, and is made out of aluminum. It is made by Gladman performance, and comes in a bunch of different sizes. I'm going to measure out the bottom after I get my exhaust on.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to agree unless it really looks that good and this one does.

The reality is how many of us are going fast enough to start taking advantage of aero bits that actually work?

If I could afford another car and keep this as a toy I'd be developing a Gurney flap that actually looks good (almost impossible). This is the most functional areo our cars will use.

Element899, who makes that? Looks effective, I hate fake aero.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

• 2 months later...

I'll be doing a gurney flap on my oem wing and doing"tests "and see how it goes. I've been interested in a diffuser for a while.

I drive 85mph, for 40 miles 5 days a week, every week. Pretty much trying to fight drag coefficiency.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived