LegacyGT.com

Is SVXDC still around?

LGTiowa

Yes, I'm still alive. Swamped with e-mails. Response time depends on many factors, including the complexity of questions people ask and the type of install they want to do.

At the same time, I'm trying to do R&D on new Subaru models and HUs, answer support questions, restock harness components, update my web site, implement a better shopping cart, and buy a new DD (looking for a 2006-ish Legacy). Sleep? What's that? :spin:

@LGTiowa- I have received your e-mails. Very sorry for the delay in responding.

I'm about to reply to a whole bunch of people who want to retrofit the newer display HUs (non-nav with 4.3" screen) like you do. I really want to add a new page to my site with information, to cut way down on the FAQs I'm getting by e-mail. I'm also working on having a factory make a major portion of the harnesses, to reduce assembly time (and hopefully cost).

Hang on a little longer, and I'll take care of you!

Yes, I'm still alive. Swamped with e-mails. Response time depends on many factors, including the complexity of questions people ask and the type of install they want to do.

At the same time, I'm trying to do R&D on new Subaru models and HUs, answer support questions, restock harness components, update my web site, implement a better shopping cart, and buy a new DD (looking for a 2006-ish Legacy). Sleep? What's that? :spin:

I'm about to reply to a whole bunch of people who want to retrofit the newer display HUs (non-nav with 4.3" screen) like you do. I really want to add a new page to my site with information, to cut way down on the FAQs I'm getting by e-mail. I'm also working on having a factory make a major portion of the harnesses, to reduce assembly time (and hopefully cost).

It's all good. I hope I didn't come across as rude that wasn't my intention. I just hoping to find out you were still around and that I was using the right email etc. I'm sure you get very busy since you are the best around when it comes to this stuff. I know it will be worth the wait. Thanks again!

No problem, you didn't come across that way. In fact, I don't blame you for wondering after not hearing anything for more than 4 weeks.

At one point, for people who I knew would take longer to handle I was at least sending them acknowledgements that I'd received their e-mails, but I've fallen way behind even doing that.

For folks doing cut-and-dried installs using all off-the-shelf items (such as the harnesses I supply for the JDM 2-DIN HVAC panel), I've been sending replies (with general information and ordering instructions) to batches of people every few days. But for transplants, up to now those have required individualized replies.

• 2 weeks later...

he lives!!!!!!!!!!

2017 Subaru STI

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i limited

No problem, you didn't come across that way. In fact, I don't blame you for wondering after not hearing anything for more than 4 weeks.

Have you received my email?

I'm planning to change my NAV for an aftermarket Pioneer HU.

Walter

Well it's been another 4 weeks for a total of 10 weeks from the initial email. I'll be honest I'm beginning to wonder if it is worth the wait......

Anyone know part numbers of the involved connectors and how to get a hold of them? I think I may have narrowed it down, but appears a couple of them are not stocked. I work for a company that builds computers so we probably have all of the crimp tools etc. Basically I just need a parts list and I can get it built.

Anyone know part numbers of the involved connectors and how to get a hold of them? I think I may have narrowed it down, but appears a couple of them are not stocked. I work for a company that builds computers so we probably have all of the crimp tools etc. Basically I just need a parts list and I can get it built.

Same here. I have all the parts to complete my HU transplant except for the hardness. The wait is long...

So I'm looking for the part numbers as well, specifically to retain the rear camera.

For individual connectors, Subaru seems to use TE Connectivity as their supplier - you can usually find what you need from Digikey (they have dimensioned drawings and everything, so it takes some of the guesswork out of it) - the drawings for the connectors also indicate which pins they use, which makes purchasing them easier.

Keep in mind that members selling stuff aren't a store - they are usually doing it on the side and sometimes life happens and keeping up with your hobbies has to be sidelined. (I am assuming $ hasn't changed hands - if that is the case, then yeah, they are sort of obligated to come through or refund in a timely period) would be good if communication were a little better, though - I can certainly appreciate how that could be frustrating!

I have done some research via the forums and I came up with what I believe to be the right connectors and contacts from TE and Digikey. However a couple of them are not stocked or are very high order qty.

I understand that for most people this is a side gig/hobby. I'm just trying to get the transplant done as its been sitting on my desk for 2 months

• 2 weeks later...

Archived