LegacyGT.com

Brake caliper fell off

robinlsb

Can ANYONE come up for a reason for a brake caliper to fall off? Pin bolts just gone, not broken off, Threads on carrier clean, no sign of breakage.

My position, mech did not tighten.Thoughts????

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Yep, bolts not tight. I'll admit, I screwed myself with this once. Had a caliper bolt come out, broke the caliper and the stainless line. Never fun to replace parts you know you screwed up. However, you get the distinct pleasure of asking your mechanic to fess up.

If it isn't in there and it's not broken off, then yeah probably not tightened all the way or some other crazy reason.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Why did you let someone other than yourself do the work?

They sponsor my kart racing. So I need to throw some bucks to the shop. And the issue was with the rear parking brakes. Soooooo, I let them do it ( clean the brakes)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived