LegacyGT.com

Diesel Boxer Engine problems

Hi,

do you somebody know or have some experiance with Diesel Boxer Engine problems. We have Subaru Legacy 2008, 167.000 km and engine is destroed. We were 3 Legacy in our history and each of them had more then 300.000 km without any problems. This is first time to have a problems and we would like to know if somebody else same problems and if yes, then we would like to know what happened...

BR Bostjan

??LOL

I have really problem with my Subaru Legacy, because engine is demage after just 167.000 km! I would like to hear some other if they had same problems with diesel boxer. I had 3 subaru in my history and each of them had more then 350.000 km! I cannot belive this can happend!

Sorry, if I ask something funny for you, bat I would like to share this problem with other.

BR Bostjan

The early versions of the diesel engines had some problems due to a design flaw, later versions were strengthened.

And one more thing: NEVER EVER fill oil above the top level on the stick - that can cause the oil to feed back into the engine causing it to rush. I suffered a mild variant of that on my previous car - and it was the workshop that did that overfill - but they just didn't want to admit that (not surprised).

453747.png

a lot of them had issues the the dual mass flywheel needing to be replaced, and have heard off issues with the engine failures on earl model diesels all right, but yes, uklegacy.com would probably have more diesel members. Have you left your car to a garage to find out whats went wrong with it?

Archived