LegacyGT.com

2014 or 2015 to buy?

drwho7

I have been wondering if it would be worth me getting a 2014 Legacy rather than a 2015? In some ways I like the looks of the 2014 better than 2015, but I am reading there is a difference on fuel economy of about 4mpg overall? I thought they had same motor and transmission? There are some dealerships that have some 2014's left but numbers are limited.

Hopefully in 2 more weeks, I will be able to go test drive a 2015 and see what I think. I would like to see more data on the fuel economy as far as what people are actually seeing on the highway. I am always skeptical of those EPA numbers. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks laz, it seems by reading some of the posts here the consensus is that 2015 model is an improvement over the past models as it seems to have more features among other things. Hopefully Friday of next week I will be able to experience first hand a test drive. Fuel economy is going to be a priority, so I anxious to hear people's results on that.

With the 2015 should get between 30-31 average with 2.5i as long as you drive normally but if you race between light or gun it to merge to highway expect 27-28mpg. I getting 30.8 on my 2.5i.
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

When you state " fuel economy " is the priority, is there anyway for you to do an Impreza sedan instead ? I'm not sure how great the gas mileage of a 15 is over a 14 version.

I will look at the Impreza, but I know I am going to probably like the Legacy better. I will know once I look and drive. I would be out less cash for sure, but want to be happy in the long run

It seems like a few owners have reported getting more than 36mpg. The 6th gen have better aerodynamics which helps. The engine has a few slight differences.

Sitting in a 6th Gen Legacy, the interior definately feels nicer than my 2012. Most people will think it looks better as well.

It seems like a few owners have reported getting more than 36mpg. The 6th gen have better aerodynamics which helps. The engine has a few slight differences.

Sitting in a 6th Gen Legacy, the interior definately feels nicer than my 2012. Most people will think it looks better as well.

I actually drive pretty easy myself, so I should be able to get that. Maybe even do a slight exhaust modification and K&N filter might take a small effort out of that set up. Seems to be helping my Fiat 500 a bit.

I also noticed the MPG figures for the impreza and Legacy are identical. Could be the Legacy does gain from that drag coefficient and maybe slightly higher gearing due to the fact a larger motor will pull it.

I like the prices of the Impreza, but I think the Legacy will be better for the long run.

^^^ That was the reason we purchased the 2014 Forester Touring larger engine, more HP, better fuel economy, nicer interior especially the seats and better amenities. IMHO the Legacy will be a better choice same as above and a larger vehicle to boot.
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Archived