LegacyGT.com

Filler neck

Well I have also heard about the gas tank filler necks rusting out on our cars, but never seen it (no road salt here). Guess what? Mine started leaking last night. So I have a 98 LGT sedan, all the filler necks I can find say they're for only the 2.2l. Will they fit? Has anyone used one from a 2.2l on the GT? We are leaving on vacation Thursday evening and will be using this car. I have put a temp fix on it for now (widow urethane and some radiator hose with a couple hose clamps), but I'm not taking my family on a 1000 mile trip with it like that. The dorman # 577-086 I can get on Prime for ~$78 and get it fast. Just want to make sure it fits.

Thanks

filler necks are the same, ej22 to ej25.

they may change slightly from one year to the next,

especially from 97 to 98 when they moved the charcoal canister to the rear.

but all lego, GT outback, Lsi, brighton, and LS necks are the same.

i don't know about impreza or forester.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I got the Dorman part from Amazon. I had looked up the part # on Dorman's website. It broke it down by the build date. AND, I got the wrong 1. My build date is 5/98, so I ordered the one for after build date 11/97. Seems right? I should have looked closer and how many pipes were on it. Mine only has 1. So, I just cut out the rusted part and went to Summit. I bought a 1 3/4" silicone 90 radiator hose with about 6" from center of the bend on both sides. Got a couple stainless clamps also. Put it all together and took my trip. Car did awesome. I got over 30MPG going both ways! If any of you have ever done the trip from Reno to Medford, you will know that it isn't flat. Lots of hills and slow spots. Very impressed with my little beater!

Archived