LegacyGT.com

Official Ice Silver Metallic Thread (2015+)

CT2015Legacy

I still have my 05 LGT and honestly I don’t feel I’d buy another. Sure the 3.6r doesn’t have the pull that the turbo did but it’s not a turbo and it has the power without waiting for a turbo to spool. After having an 05 2.5i and going to the GT I don’t think I could go back to a 2.5i however. I felt the one I had was absolutely gutless and I’m not sure how the new ones aren’t just as gutless unless maybe geared differently but the power still isn’t even over 200hp/tq. I wouldn’t buy another GT because mine had around 140k and it’s back at the dealer for oil consumption. When I first bought it with 65k it had two cracked pistons and the dealer was forced to put a new short block in it for me. Here it is about 75k later and potentially looking at eaten rings at least if not another cracked piston.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just added the Subaru official trunk spoiler E721SAL000XX

I couldn't find many pics of this online, thought this might help some people trying to decide to add one or not. Paint match is perfect.

IMG_0741modified.thumb.jpg.35529bdd3fef11182fca5a11b84c6193.jpg

IMG_0742.thumb.JPG.1b2d3eb46892d577007bf6e072478beb.JPG

IMG_0743.thumb.JPG.0a08a6056bd7da24d623b1e6b5b3e433.JPG

IMG_0744.thumb.JPG.b9ea9e10f68ed6bc28381b704a554c30.JPG

IMG_0745modified.thumb.jpg.b87c8b90eeed982382997f376bb4863e.jpg

I just added the Subaru official trunk spoiler E721SAL000XX

I couldn't find many pics of this online, thought this might help some people trying to decide to add one or not. Paint match is perfect.

It looks awesome, and I think it finishes off a somewhat bland rear end. I added one to mine as well.

• 1 year later...
I also had a Brilliant Silver '05 LGT before buying my Ice Silver '17 but I wish it was still parked in my driveway.

Just got an update on my old '05 LGT; the guy who bought it 2 1/2 years ago texted me to let me know the engine was "shot". He says the valves "on one side" were finished and he thought it wasn't worth rebuilding the engine. The car now has 260K km (162K mi) and 15 hard Canadian winters on it and he claims the body is still rust-free and everything else still works well. A local enthusiast is buying it to rebuild so I may still see it on the road.

• 8 months later...
Just got an update on my old '05 LGT; the guy who bought it 2 1/2 years ago texted me to let me know the engine was "shot". He says the valves "on one side" were finished and he thought it wasn't worth rebuilding the engine. The car now has 260K km (162K mi) and 15 hard Canadian winters on it and he claims the body is still rust-free and everything else still works well. A local enthusiast is buying it to rebuild so I may still see it on the road.

My 05 LGT has it's 3rd short block in it, had two cracked pistons when I bought it so the dealer had to fix that. The bank made me put some bs aftermarket warranty on it so before it went out I took it back to the dealer that sold it to me, rings were "bad" so I built it, finally added the last piece and the final tune and hit a deer so I'm looking for a silver hood! Not too bad but not something I'm gonna drive around like that. I haven't heard valves going, plenty of ringland and piston issues though.

• 3 years later...