LegacyGT.com

Official Ice Silver Metallic Thread (2015+)

CT2015Legacy

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160828/0a5c38cee6f1560bcfdda2122c2acaca.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160828/0f6ce288a873b948fdc156005f68f467.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your car is a thing of beauty. I really like how it looks. How much have you put into it so far? I might go for the 3.6 though but I love the rack and grille. Do you have a build page?

Your car is a thing of beauty. I really like how it looks. How much have you put into it so far? I might go for the 3.6 though but I love the rack and grille. Do you have a build page?

No build page. I appreciate the compliment!! I can pretty much break down every piece for you.

Edited by BeastCoast
@BeastCoast1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

:)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161126/6e100ba8e6fbd5fb80fcefac052988d5.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161126/ae59b93d51a5734436702283351803db.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161126/c52c47975e1d89c4c2f59f7dc2dd8429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@BeastCoast1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm just about to take delivery of my 2017 2.5L Limited after 12 great years in a '05 LGT Limited. I notice from the photos here that no one seems to have had the protective side mouldings installed. These were standard equipment on my '05 and saved many door dings in parking lots. I'm planning on having them dealer installed on the '17. Does anyone have them on their 6th gen?

IMG_3089.thumb.JPG.e9d313b58f43e39362002461d3e5fae2.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I also had a Brilliant Silver '05 LGT before buying my Ice Silver '17 but I wish it was still parked in my driveway.

So are you happy with the 17 after owning the gt? I owned the 05 gt and looking at an 18. Styling has gotten better and i'm looking at the 3.6 .

So are you happy with the 17 after owning the gt? I owned the 05 gt and looking at an 18. Styling has gotten better and i'm looking at the 3.6 .

I'm liking the '17 a lot but it's a totally different car than the LGT. The '05 was more of a performance car, a bit of a Q-ship, and an enthusiast's favourite. The '17 is smoother, quieter, and of course it has so much tech in it that wasn't even available in 2005.

I test drove the 3.6R before buying my 2.5, hoping it would be a little like the LGT but I was quite disappointed. Even if it has about the same power as the '05 LGT, it doesn't have the kick-in-the-pants response of the LGT's turbo when the power came on. And I found it felt front heavy. At the same time, I found the 2.5 nowhere near as underpowered as a lot of people on this forum make it out to be.

So yes, I like the '17 but I've accepted that I will probably never again have the "STi for adults" feel I had with the LGT.

I also had a Brilliant Silver '05 LGT before buying my Ice Silver '17 but I wish it was still parked in my driveway.

I'm liking the '17 a lot but it's a totally different car than the LGT. The '05 was more of a performance car, a bit of a Q-ship, and an enthusiast's favourite. The '17 is smoother, quieter, and of course it has so much tech in it that wasn't even available in 2005.

I test drove the 3.6R before buying my 2.5, hoping it would be a little like the LGT but I was quite disappointed. Even if it has about the same power as the '05 LGT, it doesn't have the kick-in-the-pants response of the LGT's turbo when the power came on. And I found it felt front heavy. At the same time, I found the 2.5 nowhere near as underpowered as a lot of people on this forum make it out to be.

So yes, I like the '17 but I've accepted that I will probably never again have the "STi for adults" feel I had with the LGT.

I loved the GT. Was one of the first owners in 05 in my city. What was cool about the GT was it competed with the entry luxury market like the bmw 325, audi a4, and Acura TL.

I ended up trading the GT for a 11 WRX ltd. And I really like my wrx but it's a bit more "rough" and the wife gets annoyed with the drone. I have the wrx in my garage in pristine condition and comes out on weekends.

I actually have a 16 impreza that really nice. Great on gas, it's really stable on highway speeds, and a solid vehicle. Sometimes its slow though. I was looking at something more luxury and bigger like the legacy. But I'm considering the Forester XT.

If the GT came out today, even without all the bells and whistles, I'd buy it again.