LegacyGT.com

Car intermittantly loses power,

New Subaru owner, 1995 legacy outback l with the 2.2 5 speed. 246,000+ miles. Have had it less than a month. I replaced the knock sensor to make the check engine light go out. It worked. The check engine light is currently off, and when im driving it acts like the injectors quit working. and with a blip of the throttle the engine comes back to life. Its expecially noticable when you are deep into the throttle, and let off enough to start decellerating but not completely off. The car acts like its searching for the correct ammount of... "Something" weather it be timing or fuel. but it acts like theres no throttle there at all till the rpms drop enough and it will come back to life. Something tells me it would be the throttle positioning sensor... if the car has one. This is my first subaru, and im already in love. Please help Sharron. Thats her name.

Is the knock sensor at the proper torque?

I just did this, tore my engine apart and didn't tighten several grounds or the alt-to battery connection. Would SHUT DOWN at brisk revs over 4000rpm. Would pay to go through the grounds.

With an advanced scan tool, you can watch TPS and MAF signals. I use an ELM327 and the Torque bluetooth app on my phone.

With an advanced scan tool, you can watch TPS and MAF signals. I use an ELM327 and the Torque bluetooth app on my phone.

i highly recommend this to everyone!!what a well spent $12.. i adjusted my TPS and high idle in seconds... compared to busting out a multimeter and what not

will the elm 327 work on a 95?

I have a 95 Legacy that has OBD II in it. The port should be next to the steering wheel on the left side. There should be a little compartment that you could take off that is where it is.

i know what it looks like... and the location. When i bought it, i had to visit 5 different parts stores to find the correct reader. Finally i pulled into a dealership and threw 20 bucks at a mechanic to tell me what my original code was. Pretty sure all parts stores told me i had the obd1. Whats the difference?

I think the elm327 is pretty friggin sweet. If i got the obdII im buyin one!

yeah idk how many times ive had to argue with the oreillys counter guy that my 95 IS OBD2... and just give me what i want.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/iSaddle-Bluetooth-CAN-BUS-Diagnostic-Windows/dp/B008U1MOM8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413310936&sr=8-1&keywords=elm+327]Amazon.com: iSaddle Super Mini ELM327 V1.5 OBD2 OBD-II Bluetooth CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Tool for Windows & Android Torque (Blue Color): Automotive[/ame]

Archived