LegacyGT.com

Lag Issue 05 legacy gt

I'm having issues with my legacy. No check engine light on but its got a lot of lag. I can put it to the floor and it just bogs down and won't get up and go. Kind of chugs a little bit. if im in first gear and get after it seems ok to a point. Any suggestions on what the problem might be? Turbo? plugged cat? misfiring cylinders?

I'm having issues with my legacy. No check engine light on but its got a lot of lag. I can put it to the floor and it just bogs down and won't get up and go. Kind of chugs a little bit. if im in first gear and get after it seems ok to a point. Any suggestions on what the problem might be? Turbo? plugged cat? misfiring cylinders?

If you're all stock and have a misfire or a clogged cat, you'll likely have a CEL to go with 'em.

My guess is that your turbo is on its way out. Has it been replaced before?

I've got a cat back exhaust and a k&n air intake on it. And yes the turbo has been replaced before. The whole motor has actually been rebuilt about 3 years ago and I believe they put a mittsubishi turbo in it because they said the bearings were better or something. Just started giving me issues a few months ago.

If you have an aftermarket turbo, a catback, and a cold air intake....all on the stock tune, could be quite possible your IAM is below 1, which pulls timing and makes it run like its in safe mode.

Basically, you need to run a tune with those aftermarket parts.

Archived