LegacyGT.com

Came from Mazdaspeed6 to Legacy GT

I previously had a 2006 Stage 2 Mazdaspeed6. I thought it was a fun car to drive with decent handling and performance. I wasn't crazy about the appearance, but overall it was a solid car. However, in coming to the Legacy, I was pleasantly surprised. I've made some upgrades to it even beyond what I did with the Speed, but I really enjoy it and am definitely going to be a Subie lifer!

Nice. I still kind of regret not buying an MS6. I test drove one, but just couldn't pull the trigger. Gas was very pricey at the time, even compared to now, and I remember them getting not so great mileage.

Welcome to legacygt.com !

I was seriously looking at a black cherry mica MS6 when the spec.B I ended up buying popped up on CL. The MS6 is a very under-rated car. I am surprised what you guys are saying about gas mileage being worse than Subarus, because the MS6 defaults to 100/0 torque ratio while the Subarus are full-time AWD.

I was seriously looking at a black cherry mica MS6 when the spec.B I ended up buying popped up on CL. The MS6 is a very under-rated car. I am surprised what you guys are saying about gas mileage being worse than Subarus, because the MS6 defaults to 100/0 torque ratio while the Subarus are full-time AWD.

I think the overall gearing may play a larger factor. The MS6 has a final drive of 3.94 and a 6th gear ratio of 0.853 where the Legacy has a final drive of 4.11 and a 6th gear ratio of 0.66 so in 6th gear at least, the Legacy is running a little slower than the MS6. My driving is a mix of city and highway but more of it is highway so my observations are biased a little in that direction.

Archived