LegacyGT.com

All-Terrain/Winter setup Suggestions

s2baru

I know this partically Outback owners poating but I have a 1stgen legacy ss that I'm currently putting a 2inch strut spacer to "lift" the body for this upcoming winter.

Question is what are some of you running for all-terrain/winter package????

Trying to keep cost under 350$

Current size is 195/60r15 on stock 15x6.5 +55

New rims are 15x7.5 +43 thinking to go 215/70 or 205

General altimax looks affordable and good tread? Thought s?

Thanks.

I know this partically Outback owners poating but I have a 1stgen legacy ss that I'm currently putting a 2inch strut spacer to "lift" the body for this upcoming winter.

With a 2inch lift have you thought about subframe spacers to align the driveline / control arms?

Good to know. From my gathering of info/talking any snow tire it seems is going to be better to just run year round. I can get them dirt cheap compared to all-terrains and the car will only see pavement 50% of the time anyways

soon i am going to get these http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Rugged+Terrain+T%2FA&partnum=37TR6RTTA&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&tab=Specs

pretty sure the older outbacks will not allow tires that big unless you have an insane lift

the 1st gen outbacks look nice, but i had to have fuel efficiency, and all the benefits of the newer ones

when i initially changed to 16" wrx wheels, i had no intention of running spacers but with that hideous offset i changed my mind. because of the +55 offset of those wheels, i was afraid of running wider tires so i got the 215/70r16 grabbers which are way too skinny for my ginormous beast, but would be perfect on a forester or lifted impreza.

Non Studded:

-Bridgestone Blizzak WS70

-Nokian Hakkapelita R2

-Gislaved Nord Frost

Mediocre but acceptable:

-Michelin X Ice

-Dunlop SP Winter Sport

Tires I was very unimpressed / disappointed with:

-General Altimax Arctic

-Hankook iPike

-Firestone Winterforce

Archived