LegacyGT.com

Can I Replace The Front Transaxle Seals?

yes, BUT

you MUST count the number of turns it takes to remove the retaining ring,

so you can reinstall it EXACTLY the way is was.

failure to do this will change how the ring and pinion gear meet and wear.

and eventually cause it to fail.

and do one side at a time, complete it and then do the other.

DO NOT have both sides open at once.

but if the seals are not dripping,

i'm not sure i would mess with them.

these do not fail often, not much talk about them.

how bad is it leaking???

Thanks John.

I am trying to eliminate the super annoying burning smell. I have pulled the motor and replaced the oil seperator plate. I have resealed the power steering pump. I have used degreaser and pressure washer to completely the underside. I can still smell the burning but am struggling to find the source. I put all four wheels up on jack stands and nervously slid under the car with a bright flashlight and could not find the source. Took it for a drive and could smell the burning again. Again I put the car up on jackstands and could see smoke coming from both sides of the exhaust on both sides of the wye directly under the transaxle output shafts. The vc axles are new.

• I Donated
Thanks John.

I am trying to eliminate the super annoying burning smell. I have pulled the motor and replaced the oil seperator plate. I have resealed the power steering pump. I have used degreaser and pressure washer to completely the underside. I can still smell the burning but am struggling to find the source. I put all four wheels up on jack stands and nervously slid under the car with a bright flashlight and could not find the source. Took it for a drive and could smell the burning again. Again I put the car up on jackstands and could see smoke coming from both sides of the exhaust on both sides of the wye directly under the transaxle output shafts. The vc axles are new.

Power steering leak from the rack and pinion maybe. My car pukes power steering fluid from both sides of the rack.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived