LegacyGT.com

2015 Legacy Limited: Concern about Low Profile tires

HaveMore

I am leaning towards 15 Legacy limited with Eyesight. I am fine having Premium with Eyesight but I feel that Limited offers better value hence leaning towards Limited.

One of my concerns is low profile tires that are standard on Limited. I need a functional and reliable car, cool looking wheel is not my priority.

I drive about 25K/year on highway in Indiana, mainly between 70 to 80 MPH. Bad winter and potholes on the highway are certainty. Low profile tires are much more likely to blow-out due to potholes. I want to avoid getting stranded on highway due to blowout when other semi's are speeding at 75MPH nearby.

I would like to know what others have experienced with low profile tires on Limited? How is ride? Is there anyway I can swap 18" wheel and tire with 17" wheel + tire? Your input is greatly appreciated.

Limited tires size 225/50 R18

Premium tires size 225/55 R17

According to Tire Rack you can minus size to either 225/60 16 or 215/65 16. The cheapest 16" wheels are $90 each.

Looks like they switched the 2015 Legacy to 5x114 bolt pattern, so the only used Subaru wheels you could use would be from a Tribeca or WRX STI.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Thanks everyone for your comments, it is informative.

Minus sizing wheels means buying new wheel and tires spending about 1k more and I will be left with a set of unused 18" inch wheels and tires. Is there any option to swap brand new 18 wheels+tires with 17" wheel + tires before/while taking car delivery?

Won't tires for 17" wheel be more comfortable than 18"?

Thanks*05LGTL25TSLEEPER,

I am noob and my concern for tires on limited and stories of 18" wheel is preventing me fron ordering limited hence I am seeking veteran member's opinions. Your advice certainly helps.

I welcome other legacy limited owners to share their experience.

running fine on my 18 s limited. Also they would be very easy to sell if you decide to swap to a steel 17 inch combo.

18 s now a days are reliable as others have creeped up to 19 and 20 s.

I think the 18 s on the Limited really make for a better look ( I know you didn t care about that).

Archived