Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have it hidden inside my center console. I never see it, the jazzy cord runs down underneath my shifter and whatnot straight to there.

I get the audio cable part... but what about the charging cable?

I actually ended up getting the mini bluetooth receiver mentioned above also. It works just fine and I keep mine in the center console attached via short 1/8 in m/m stereo cable. As for power i have it hooked to the outlet in the console. My only complaint about it is that it won't automatically connect to my GS3. I have to hold the play button to get it connected. And the overall volume is very low when using the bluetooth or aux in. Its not uncommon for my h/u to be turned to 40 and have moderate sound levels.

• I Donated
I get the audio cable part... but what about the charging cable?

I leave it plugged into the cigarette lighter that's located in the center console.

I actually ended up getting the mini bluetooth receiver mentioned above also. It works just fine and I keep mine in the center console attached via short 1/8 in m/m stereo cable. As for power i have it hooked to the outlet in the console. My only complaint about it is that it won't automatically connect to my GS3. I have to hold the play button to get it connected. And the overall volume is very low when using the bluetooth or aux in. Its not uncommon for my h/u to be turned to 40 and have moderate sound levels.

That's really weird, I've had exactly zero problems with my GS4 and getting it to connect. Every time I get in my car and start it, it connects right away. IIRC Sigmafour also got that bluetooth unit for his 09 2.5i

• 2 weeks later...

Got my kit and heres my interpretation of it. Made a small incision in the air vent and ran through the aux cable and USB cable to charge. Ran the USB cable back underneath the shifter and directly into the cigarette lighter so I can charge while listening, while still having the heads up phone. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/03/zupa9umu.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I leave it plugged into the cigarette lighter that's located in the center console.

Thanks, this is the part I was missing... sorry for being dense! :) (I've had the center console filled up with napkins & junk since I got the car last year, and never realized that it had its own cigarette lighter.)

Is it normal operation for the aux input to be hear still while listening to the radio? For example, I choose CD and turn on my music from phone, then switch to FM and I can still hear it in the background.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

• I Donated
Is it normal operation for the aux input to be hear still while listening to the radio? For example, I choose CD and turn on my music from phone, then switch to FM and I can still hear it in the background.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Correct. This piggy backs a signal on the whole radio, that's why you play a blank cd when listening to it.

• 3 weeks later...
I just got the order in and went to install it. Now the CD player will turn on, but when I press load it will prepare to load but will push it back out. I plugged the cable back into the factory location and it still did it. What did I do wrong?

• 1 month later...
Just ordered the basic kit a couple days ago. Hoping it comes in the mail soon. I plastidipped some interior parts and forgot about how I could mess them up if I have to remove them. So my interior is in pieces until I get this. How long did it take for you guys to get it? I was hoping for shipping information to come through to me but I guess he doesn't just supply it with the order.

So I ordered the kit got it all installed, and it sounds... ok. I have a lot of bass and sound coming from the driver side speakers, and a noticeably more faint sound coming from the passenger side. Both speakers are working, just they don't sound equal. Is this something that happens to all of the kits? I wouldn't think it would but still... thought Id ask.

Thanks!

Mine came within a couple days, I was emailed shipping information with mine. And as far as sound quality I have equal sound on both sides. I bought the ground loop interrupter as well and so far have zero complaints at all.

Dspurgin22, I would check with different RCA cables and a different audio player. There could be dirty contacts, but it sounds like something isn't plugged in all the way.

Oh okay. Maybe he just hasn't sent it out yet. Hopefully I get it next week. I guess I just need to run the wiring for my subwoofer and try to keep myself busy.

Still having the issue of only really hearing sound out of the now, and was before, the front left speaker.

I went in and removed the GLI and even got a new RCA chord. I discovered that the previous owner had installed a previous GLI to go with the sub wiring. Still no humming with the one form the kit removed but still have no idea why the thing won't play in all 4 speakers.

Maybe I got a defective chip??

Definitely possible. Take a look at the circuit board, maybe something burnt out. From what I understand these things are pretty simple, it's just contacts, solder points and resistors. I wish I knew the schematics because I really wanted to order the parts and make one myself.

• 2 weeks later...
Installed my kit last weekend. Audio is pretty terrible from MP3 player, phone, etc. It is VERY quiet (I have to turn up volume to 35+ to hear anything), and there is no bass... is this normal???

Are you using a GLI? I had the exact same issue and found out after uninstalling/reinstalling numerous times that I had a defective GLI.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I decided to run it without the GLI and I have no sound issues. Even when I drive with my iPhone 5s hooked up to my USB lighter adapter and play audio. I hear no interference or buzzing. You might just bypass the GLI and see how the sound quality is for you.

• 3 weeks later...
My issue turned out to be a bad cable. The RCA-to-3.5mm cable was just falling apart internally. Move it around this way, works. Move it around that way, cuts bass. Strange... must have been a very old cable, or just really teeny-tiny copper wires.

That makes sense. Lots of cheap cables use tiny wires, any pulling could break the cables internally.

Update without a GLI. I drove home from Seattle to Portland without a GLI and I had my phone plugged in. I got a high pitched alternator whine in the city streets, but I turned down the treble and I couldn't hear it anymore. I still wouldn't say a GLI is necessary for any type of unpowered devices. And even if you do plug them in, you can get around alternator noise. Once my phone charged up the alternator whine was gone.