LegacyGT.com

ej251 altornator dead and miss firing sounds in the block please help

hey legacy lovers I have a bh9 ej251 legacy L. So last night on my way to go see a friend my legacy loses power and idles lower then normal so put it in neutral and she stalled when I tried to turn it back over. Now from then I got her on a flat bed took her home. so this morning trying to figure out what happened my biggest guess is lost power and the alternator crapped out on me and had lost power over night. charged back up from another car tried turning it over and started making a loud knocking sound like there was no detonation or miss firing. I'm afraid to try it again, I don't want anything to seize up so if anyone knows what this is or just the alternator and causing these sound. please help me out guys its my first car and legacy I don't wanna see her die guys :icon_frow

Thanks man so I found out after I had my oil changed I started having my ac act funny and then I had this happen I then hear from where I had my oil done is that my rod bearing went bad now can't u catch this immediately without it getting worse it's an obvious sound but it's like my bearings we completely dry is how it happened so idk what to say other then point fingers at the mechanics if I'm wrong can someone point me in the direction of what could have else happened (have done no maintenance myself to the car other then just washing it)

Sounds like it got starved for oil and the bearings let go. Not sure of the place where the oil was changed but I would talk with them and tell them the issue. If this happened within 100 miles after the change either you have a massive leak or someone screwed something up.

Yout options now are simple buy a new assembled block and swap over your heads and accessories, rebuild current block or find a running whole slavaged engine from a 00-04 Legacy or OB.

Archived