LegacyGT.com

Brake Caliper Replacement

bluesuby

I checked the brakes today and found plenty of pad left to get me through the winter. I noticed some deterioration of the rubber boot around the front pistons, so I'm wondering how far behind is problems with the seals. Should I be worried right away?

I need some advice on replacement. Should I just do both calipers at the same time? The car is 10 years old with 128,000 miles. I can get rebuilds at Auto Zone but should I be looking at something else? The calipers don't come with a flexible rubber brake line and I'm thinking if I'm doing this work it might be time to do it all.

Any special tricks or procedures for bleeding the new calipers?

2005 LGT Wagon purchased November 2004.

Advance has Beck Arnley rebuilds for $118 each (same price as Auto Zone) Going mail order means having to ship the core(s) back and that's trouble. I'd like to do over the counter on this. I did consider a rebuild kit but the pistons show signs of corrosion and much more than I've seen on other cars. May as well bite the bullet and stay away from cheap fixes.

I just had to replace my driver front caliper due to piston would stick. I could have prob gotten away with continue to use it but better safe than sorry. Cost ~$100 from autozone after a coupon (list for like $119).

Sucks because now I have 3 calipers that are all full of brake dust and wear and tear... then one nice shiny silver one with a old caliper bracket.

Feels better though I guess.

NAPA has a loaded caliper for $99.

I took a wire brush wheel to my calipers on the my wagon 195,000 miles and repainted them a few months back.

Just replaced the brackets on the both front and one front on my 09.

The hoses are not part of the caliper.

Make sure you use anti-seize compound on all the threads.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived