LegacyGT.com

LatentWagen's 2008 Subaru Legacy GT spec B

LatentWagen

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm staring at some fresh headlights sitting on my desk, waiting to be put on the spec.B. Looking at your ride makes me want to just keep them as is in original condition instead of baking them open and blacking them out.

I'm staring at some fresh headlights sitting on my desk, waiting to be put on the spec.B. Looking at your ride makes me want to just keep them as is in original condition instead of baking them open and blacking them out.

Don't replace them unless you got your little hands on some S402 headlights.

I'm too old for blacked out headlights, and so are you Peter :lol:

Also in my experience around here, when you're doing 72 in a 55, blacked out lights, dark tints, etc, are usually the difference between being pulled over and ignored.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

I'm too old for blacked out headlights, and so are you Peter :lol:

Also in my experience around here, when you're doing 72 in a 55, blacked out lights, dark tints, etc, are usually the difference between being pulled over and ignored.

Definitely an advantage of driving around in a old fogey mobile.

:lol:

• 1 month later...

The 200k milestone is right around the corner, so in celebration and deference I've put together a pile of parts to install:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=247169&stc=1&d=1491257739

Gotta get in touch with Mike @ TA for a re-tune, to pull it all together once complete. Should make for one happy Legacy :cool:

Here's the list for lazy eyes:

• DW 65c fuel pump kit
  • AEM dryflow engine air filter
  • F1 auto cabin air filter
  • 'Tella and a Toyo Roki
  • ThermalZero turbo blanket
  • ThermalZero uppipe blanket
  • NTN/OEM WBA and axle nut
  • Energy swaybar bushings
  • IAG floor mat holder
  • OEM STi uppipe (HS removed, cleaned up)
  • GS UP, turbo, header gaskets
  • Permatex DP gasket
  • Swaintech'd Synic ELH (a good Fujitsubo copy)
  • OEM exhaust manifold studs & nuts (x6)
  • 3x low mile OEM coilpacks (already replaced 1)
  • Samco 2.4" inlet hose

You may notice that there's only wheel bearing assembly shown. Driver's front was installed today... the freshening has already begun!

PS: I'm thinking about adding on a wideband oxygen sensor to the pile, but will probably wait on a new turbo for that (might be sooner rather than later!) ;)

20170403_173351.thumb.jpg.01572235096151b1982c78435e15ed37.jpg

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

• 4 weeks later...

Both front wheel bearing assemblies are in, as are those 3 coilpacks to compliment the one I replaced two summers ago. I have front and rear Denso OE replacement oxygen sensors on order, along with a PLX wideband... more stuff for the parts pile! :lol:

In slightly more exciting news, got a new set of Pilot Super Sports mounted and road-force balanced. Also rolled over 200k two weeks ago, so there's that!

Here's a quick pic from today, against a backdrop of STi pink :)

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=248600&stc=1&d=1493752702

20170502_120329.thumb.jpg.68811cff9da921ba99975b2ef9490e23.jpg

20170420_182417.thumb.jpg.332422c0373a114c1c1093c4d53ed82e.jpg

20170502_115931.thumb.jpg.4a19e18a258a4e7be861fc97192ece3f.jpg

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Both front wheel bearing assemblies are in, as are those 3 coilpacks to compliment the one I replaced two summers ago. I have front and rear Denso OE replacement oxygen sensors on order, along with a PLX wideband... more stuff for the parts pile! :lol:

In slightly more exciting news, got a new set of Pilot Super Sports mounted and road-force balanced. Also rolled over 200k two weeks ago, so there's that!

Here's a quick pic from today, against a backdrop of STi pink :)

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=248600&stc=1&d=1493752702

Car is looking great, doesn't look a mile over 100k! Haha

My brother just put a set of the pilot super sports on his car and holy shit am I impressed, definitely going to look at a set to replace the pilot sport A/S 3 down the road.

Car is looking great, doesn't look a mile over 100k! Haha

My brother just put a set of the pilot super sports on his car and holy shit am I impressed, definitely going to look at a set to replace the pilot sport A/S 3 down the road.

Thanks man! That's a compliment for any Subaru ;):lol:

Loving the PSS so far. About 500 miles in now, so just barely broken in.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

• 1 month later...

Random pic bump!

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=251852&stc=1&d=1499044256

Been racking up miles and haven't had much time to work on the car, but will in the next few weeks. Bunch of parts still waiting around to install, with a few new additions. ELH, fuel pump, injectors, WB02, BMB's Samco hose set, etc!

20170702_155416.thumb.jpg.6796065c73e507183fe50a01a3cf7b16.jpg

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Archived