LegacyGT.com

Perrin 2015 WRX Shift Stop

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just installed mine. It took about 25 minutes but I was very careful in setting the 1-2 and 5-6 gaps and was able to reduce them from the recommended 1/8" gap from Perrin. I know the comment was made in here about not overtightening the 7mm nuts and that's a good point to keep in mind. They could easily strip out.

Overall, I like the feel overall crispness that this added. Looking forward to hearing other thoughts on this.

Short Shifter + Perrin Bushing + Perrin shift stop = crisp, smooth, (still non-short throw) shifter that should have come with this car to start with.

As a very pathetic gesture of my general appreciation for the knowledge and enabling of this forum, I received a coupon along with the shift stop that is good for 10% off 'most Perrin products' so perhaps those who are still holding out on this or something else can utilize this code.

The code is 99FL77 and the expiration is 12/31/14. Mod on!

As a very pathetic gesture of my general appreciation for the knowledge and enabling of this forum, I received a coupon along with the shift stop that is good for 10% off 'most Perrin products' so perhaps those who are still holding out on this or something else can utilize this code.

The code is 99FL77 and the expiration is 12/31/14. Mod on!

I just got mine and I have the same coupon, same code.

Note: This coupon code is only valid at www.perrinperformance.com and typically their prices are 10% higher than other retailers carrying their products. Not to be a negative nancy or anything...

I too will install tonight and report back.

<rant>

I hate UPS. They charged me $34 in brokerage fees to bring it into Canada. Thats in addition to the 17.41 in shipping I already paid. Apparently they can ship this box across the country for less money than it "costs" them to walk it across the border.

Thieves. :spin:

I called and complained until they gave my money back. Apparently, if one pays for 'world-wide expedited' shipping the brokerage fees are a flat 10 dollars, plus duty. This part is made in the USA, by the way, so its duty free.

So apparently I could have sent it via 2-day guaranteed delivery for less money than 5 day, once I counted in brokerage. What a joke.

</rant>

As promised: The "slop" numbers for the OEM shifter

Before            After

1-2 Gate       23 mm             7 mm

3-4 Gate       23 mm             22 mm

5-6 Gate       8 mm              6 mm

As you can see, it made a significant difference on the 1-2 gate, and naturally the 5/6 gate adjustment has nothing to do with this part. The washers accounted for about 1mm overall. As expected, no change to the 3-4 gate.

The positive stop on the left side of the 1-2 gate feels nice but frankly doesn't matter. You were able to get into gear just as easy no matter where you were in the spring-loaded "sloppy" area on the 1-2 gate, so frankly other than making it feel nicer, this has no purpose. It isn't going to help you shift easier/better/faster/more accurately. Way-way-way less useful than the brass shifter bushing.

Overall rating: "Meh" :coffee:

I recognize that the improvement on the 2015 WRX shifter might mean more due to the apparent reduced slop in the 3-4 gate to start with.

brandon, do you have an STS installed? I don't have one installed and do not see that much slop in 3-4 Gate. I wonder how it would help people who haven't done the shifter bushing or STS.

OEM Shifter.

Don't get me wrong. its not flopping around. Its a stiff spring-loaded tension towards the left, but there is movement there of 22 mm. :cool:

I am getting mine Saturday but I will be out of town till sunday night. Hopefully I can get mine installed sunday night or Monday. If someone else doesn't get theirs and post beforehand, I will post my experience.

[/img]

Post even if someone beats you to it. Good to hear different impressions!

Yeah, the bushing firms up forward to backward movement and the stop firms it up side to side.

To be fair, it tightens it up on the left side, in 1st and 2nd only. It does nothing else. ;)

The washers or the right side adjustment do not have anything to do with this part, which obviously you know, but just pointing it out for others that may not be so familiar with it.

Archived