LegacyGT.com

How to reset ecu on 05 LGT

so i've looked around and haven't really found a definitive answer. Is it

-unplug battery for 15 min, pump brakes, key in on position for 10 sec, then start up?

-connect green wires on passenger side, key in on position for 10 sec, disconnect green wires, then turn on?

or

-unplug battery for 30 min, pump brakes, key in on position for 10 sec, then start up.

I got a new knock sensor and need to see if that fixed my CEL, but i need to make sure i properly reset my ecu.

(please be specific on each step if you know how to do this, thanks)

Should be able to unplug the battery, hold the brakes until the lights go out, plug the battery back in and done. It should reset all of your radio presets as a check to see if it fully discharged.

Then turn the key to the on position for 5-10 seconds and then go ahead and start the car. It will idle a little rough until it relearns the fuel trims

Should be able to unplug the battery, hold the brakes until the lights go out, plug the battery back in and done. It should reset all of your radio presets as a check to see if it fully discharged.

Then turn the key to the on position for 5-10 seconds and then go ahead and start the car. It will idle a little rough until it relearns the fuel trims

Or you could go buy a cheap scanner, that will reset the code as well, and you can check the CEL. They are worth the small investment IMHO.

Or you could go buy a cheap scanner, that will reset the code as well, and you can check the CEL. They are worth the small investment IMHO.

Several large auto parts chains have tool loaner programs where you can borrow one (essentially you purchase it and then return it when you're finished). It's ideal if he doesn't plan to use one often. Only cost is in the time to get it and return it.

I've already checked the code on my car. P0328, knock sensor. I replaced it, but still getting CEL. That's why I wanted to see if i restarted my car properly or if i missed something. I tried unplug battery, hold brakes and start up again. still getting cel.

I've already checked the code on my car. P0328, knock sensor. I replaced it, but still getting CEL. That's why I wanted to see if i restarted my car properly or if i missed something. I tried unplug battery, hold brakes and start up again. still getting cel.

Clear it with a scanner. That will ensure it's been cleared. If it returns you still have an issue to resolve.

• 1 month later...
Hi, I'm a newbie on the forum. I have a '04 Legacy, 2.0. It's running on LPG and this occasionally causes the CEL to light. Before I always got it reset in the garage during maintenance, but today I accidentally left the key in and contact on. About 15mins later I took out the key. When leaving some time later, I was surprised to see that the CEL had dimmed! Anyone that has the same experience?

Archived