LegacyGT.com

Going the distance - full audio system install advice

mhoran89

After a good night out with a good meal (and a few drinks) I ended up ordering a full system from Crutchfield (I had been drooling for a few weeks). 4 6.25" door speakers, head unit, 5 channel amp, 10" sub, and box.

I haven't done car audio before, but I'm petty competent in my technical abilities.

I have a 2011 2.5i and was wondering if anyone has done something similar before. I am wondering if anyone has a step-by-step on how to remove the radio (stock head unit) and the 4 door cards. I am going to be running new wires to all 4 doors. Hopefully it isn't too hard; I ended up getting the panel / trim tool with my order...

Any advice is appreciated and I will be sure to throw up some pics if I have some time.

Thanks in advance!

I'm a bit late to the party (it's been one hell of a week), but:

I've been lazy and I need to make progress -- I have all the photos shot for how to replace the HK amp with a 5 channel amp. The front doors are just as easy to remove, except there's a couple of extra plugs that you need to disconnect.

Also check out this thread, specifically post #57: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/help-hk-audio-swap-214845p4.html

Good luck!

Archived