LegacyGT.com

Doors unlock on door close

1995 Subaru Legacy LS Sedan

I purchased the car two years ago and since then I have been finding little things needing fixing. When I exit the car if I lock the drivers door from the door lock all the doors lock (as expected) but when I close the drivers door all the locks unlock. I have to lock it with the key from the outside (which works locking all doors as expected).

Is this the expected behaviour for the locks?

I have tried searching but no one else's problem sounded quite the same.

I currently own a 99 LGT and also owned a 96 L. The 99 has power lock and the 96 didn't but if you locked the drivers all locked. Both of them if I locked the door from the inside they remained lock and I never had to lock the door using my key. I believe there is an issue with yours. Not really sure what though.

hold the handle up when you are closing the driver door. that is the only one you have to do this with, once you lock it and close the driver door with the handle up, the other doors will close normally. the driver door is the lock control. both my 95 and 96 are like that, neither have remote locks.

• I Donated
Both my 95 Legacy LSi have power locks and I have to hold up the handle while closing for them to stay locked. My old truck was this way too....along with my old EJ20R Legacy

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived