LegacyGT.com

SDX/Kensun HID flicker on startup(DRL disabled)

odin2347

I purchased the cheapo $30 HID SDX kit from amazon that has surprisingly good reviews and I hear nothing about good things about their customer service. The kit is supposed to be 35w 4300k but whenever I turn them on the bulbs flicker a yellowish color for the first few seconds while they are warming up.

They do not flicker once they are warmed up, but they also have a noticeable blue tint which I thought would not be the case with 4300k. Any ideas? (Already disabled the DRL)

if you are using the stock wiring and don't have a dedicated wiring harness the flickering will be due to either inconsistent voltage going to the ballast, cheap ballast.

4300k is close to a pure white but will have a slight color to it as well depending on where you are seeing this color.

Cheap HID bulbs that say they're 4300K are often more in the range of 6000K. I've bought too many cheap ebay HID bulbs that state they're 4300K, but in reality only about 50% of them are, the rest are a higher kelvin rating. DDM tuning included. Also often times the two 4300K bulbs I get don't match in color.

The only place I know that sells consistently 4300K bulbs is TRS with their morimoto 3fives (haven't tried xb35's), but it's also a heck more pricey than most other bulbs.

Archived