LegacyGT.com

08/09 vs 2010 outbacks

jonnyt88

I currently have an 09 legacy 2.5i limited. previously has a 6speed bugeye, and other WRXs. Now I have a need for more space and looking at outbacks. I probably will do a Legacy Wagon Suspension swap on it as well.

But what are people's thoughts on the 08/09 vs 2010+. I really want a 5-speed XT, but would settle for a 5eat if its in good shape and I can't find a 5-speed.

But then if I get a 5eat, should I now consider a 3.6r?

I have also thought about getting an N/A but I would only do that if its a stick shift. The downside, Is that I really like the heated seats, leather is great with a kid, the big sunroof, and the harmon kardon.

i'm leaving an LGT wagon and looking at 2011 outbacks. sunroof gets smaller and the leather is only available in the auto and sunroof. otherwise it's cloth with manual and sunroof.

sucks. but i'm going with leather, auto and sunroof. need my leather and sunroof

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

have an inspection done on it before they purchase.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Consider the 3.6. While gas mileage is not as good, as expected, you will enjoy it much more on longer trips. I don't drive ours as often as my legacy, but that H6 is amazing. Be aware that many 2010/2011 outbacks had documented steering issues. I haven't seen any issues in our 2012.

It's really too bad subaru won't produce a high performance H6 for a sporty car.

Archived