LegacyGT.com

Trunk lip spoiler

turboboost

Lady luck has given me a fist-bump, and I may very well be doing a winged-to-wingless trunk swap in the next few days. I'm looking for a trunk lip spoiler, and have only come across a few options on eBay, so I'd like to get some input from other people and hopefully some recommendations.

I found this thread, but it seems like I've missed the Rommel/RBS spoilers by a few years, K2/Stanza and Cyberhood are rare as hell, and HKC-speed is now defunct. I'm not even sure if R-Rev is functioning anymore.

So far, I've found (I'm leaning towards the STI lip):

S-type lip from RRev

http://www.rrevsports.com/pic_product_spoilerS1.jpg

D-type lip from RRev

http://www.rrevsports.com/pic_rs_angle_nice.jpg

D-type lip from eBay

http://www.racingraven.net/JC-SUIE2503_06_Legacy_Spoiler2.jpg

And an STI trunk lip

http://www.ravspeconline.com/images/legacygt/frp-pic1-install.jpg

eBay, $155 shipped from China for the painted version. The unpainted version is $125 shipped. Prices are reasonable and I can only hope that the quality is there as well. Only issue is drilling a hole into the wingless trunk lid that I spent all this time searching for to route the 3rd brake light wiring.

RREV is still functioning, I had an S-Type but I could never get it to sit right with 3m tape. So I sold it. lol but I also like the Ravspec style STi lip. I have a winged trunk in my basement to drill up. But the only ones I've found seem pretty skecthy, Ebay and aliexpress.com from some Chinese manufacturer. Let me know what you find.

$15 and color-matched? That's a pretty sweet deal, as they're usually unpainted and still more $$. I agree that the STI lip is on the expensive side, but if it's decent/good quality and achieves the overall look I'm aiming for, it'll be worth it.

Edit: Gotcha, $30-40. Also, called RavSpec on the off-chance that they might have some NOS STI-style trunk lips. The dude just laughed and said "Not a chance." Looks like eBay might be the only alternative at this point.

I have an ebay sti wing. Fitment currently is not perfect but I really didn't play with it that much since you can only notice the slight gap if you are looking up at the side end of it. For this reason mine is only on with double sided tape, hasn't moved in over 1000 miles

Paint was spot on as far as I could tell, I have heard its a bit thin. But I have had no problems with it.

There are pictures of it somewhere I think it the OBP picture thread I'll post a link if I can find it.

Thanks - some fitment pictures would be awesome, since it looks like the sti lip is the leading contender at the moment. From the eBay listing, there may be 2 bolts to go through the trunk. I wonder if the combo of those bolts + double-sided tape will effectively seal all perceivable gaps..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's an 08. I would say that there were 3 minor issues with this spoiler, but they're not noticeable until pointed out. 1) Looking from the back, the bottom left corner comes in 1/8" to 1/4" more than the bottom right corner. Very minor. 2) At the front center (sitting on the top face of the trunk), there was a very small area that stuck out further. The auto body easily shaved this down for symmetry. 3) It being PU, there is a slight waviness on the top face when you examine up close in the light.

That said, the body shop was stellar - they were able to shape, prep/paint, and install it so that all of the issues noted above were either fixed or barely noticeable. It's a great piece overall.

Archived