LegacyGT.com

Oil level

I just changed my oil and think I may have over filled slightly... Maybe some over you that are knowledgeable can ease or confirm my worry... The level reads slightly above the full "F", right at the little hole that's above the "f". Do I need to drain a little bit? This is also my very first cycle with RT6.

Thanks

Matt

I found the reading on the dipstick isn't always accurate and can be different comparing one side with the other. I put 4.5 quarts in my 2005 LGT with a filter change and ignore the appearance of overfilling. You need to worry more about oil loss and a low reading.

I found the reading on the dipstick isn't always accurate and can be different comparing one side with the other. I put 4.5 quarts in my 2005 LGT with a filter change and ignore the appearance of overfilling. You need to worry more about oil loss and a low reading.

You didn't overfill it much, if at all. You'll burn off the overfill quickly enough.

Thanks guys! I searched a bit more and found additional info. Thanks for the peace of mind!

Archived