LegacyGT.com

Radio and Climate Control Display Issue

I just noticed that when I turn on my headlights, the lights on my radio and climate control go out. The radio still works and I can control it from the steering wheel controls. It appears that the ac still works when the display goes out but I can't control it, change fan speed etc. When I turn the headlights off, everything goes back to normal. I have searched this forum and have not found this issue posted. Any thoughts as to the nature of this problem? I own a 2008 2.5GT LTD.

mine does some seriously funky stuff about twice a year where I lose the display. often just turning the car off and on seems to fix it. Definitely not a ground issue with mine, its something to do with the circuit board that is shared between the radio and climate control.

chato, make sure your battery terminals are clean and tight.

The 05's have a history of wanting a good power supply.

FWIW, the other day the A/C and blower didn't seem to be blowing much air. That was after about 15 minutes of driving.

After I came out of the dentist office and started the car, it was blowing my hair around. All I did was shut it for a hour or so.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived