LegacyGT.com

Need tires... Questions

Katesgt

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums. Yesterday I had a blow out on my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 and I need to get a tire. I've heard that with these cars if you replace one you have to replace all or you can get away with replacing two. Does anyone know if I have to do all 4? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm trying to get it taken care of today! Thanks

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums. Yesterday I had a blow out on my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 and I need to get a tire. I've heard that with these cars if you replace one you have to replace all or you can get away with replacing two. Does anyone know if I have to do all 4? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm trying to get it taken care of today! Thanks

You need to have the tread depth measured on the existing tires. Tirerack (and others) with shave tires to the same tread depth as your existing tires (25-30 bucks)

You cannot replace just 2.

You can drive for a while on a bigger tread.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• 4 weeks later...

This probably be a late reply. Just to clear up replacement of a single tire on a Subaru. A single tire can be replaced on a Subaru, provided the other tires are within 2/32" tread depth. Most other AWD vehicles give you a little more margin of 3/32" of one another. Audi Quattros are the most generous at 4/32".

Obviously, all being the same is ideal.

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Archived