LegacyGT.com

obd I or II?

That's an obd2 connector just like my 96 though I cant read abs codes through it have to short 2 wires and read the blinks. As for the running issues I would start by looking for vacuum leaks then clean the mass airflow sensor. If your issues still persist it could be an IAC (Idle Air Control) valve issue.

That's an obd2 connector just like my 96 though I cant read abs codes through it have to short 2 wires and read the blinks. As for the running issues I would start by looking for vacuum leaks then clean the mass airflow sensor. If your issues still persist it could be an IAC (Idle Air Control) valve issue.

Hadn't even read your whole post. Agree with the above. I can almost guarantee you its one of those three. The wavering idle, and the fact that it runs smoothly whenever you give it any gas leads me to think it's the Idle Air Control Valve. Oh, and be it that or the Mass Air Flow sensor, be warned that the cars don't always throw codes for them, even if they are acting up pretty badly.

Though the connector has the OBD II Style plug, the car (if it is really a 1995 model) should be OBD I, I had a 1994 Dodge Intrepid with the same plug, and it was definately not OBD II, and I believe I also had one on my 1990 Chevrolet Beretta. First thing I would do, in response to your issues, I would clean the plugs on the idle air and Mass Air Flow sensor, as well as the actual Mass Air Sensor and see if that helps. Also, a fresh tune-up would definately help (plugs and wires)

Good Luck,

Steve

suabru went obd2 in 95 with the legacy line, Brighton, L, LS, Outback, LSi?, GT?,

a year before required.

the 95 impreza ej18 was obd1, i think, pretty sure.

i had to swap the intake to get it into a 96 lego.

i suspect the 95 ej22 impreza was obd2 however, again, not sure.

i'm a legacy guy.

limited knowledge on the impreza.

Archived