LegacyGT.com

08 Legacy GT Sat Button on Radio but do I have Sat Installed?

08qsm

Might sound like a dumb question but I just got the car a few weeks ago from a dealer so I'm not able to get all the info from the original owner. The car is an 08 so I would think it probably has satellite radio installed, it has a SAT button on the head unit but when I press the button it does nothing.

I first assumed the button did nothing just like when you hit AUX or CD with no auxillary or CD plugged in, but after doing some searching I'm having second thoughts about if I actually have Sat radio or not. I want to activate my subscription if possible but I cannot tune to channel 0 to give Sirius/XM my ESN #.

Does the 4th gen Legacy come with the Sat button even if the car itself has no satellite radio installed? Also while I've got a thread going is it normal for the AUX to be all static/feedback sounding when there is no music/low volume? Mine sounds like crap unless something is playing, I'm using a brand new aux cable.

Your vehicle is satellite radio ready(pre wired) but does not have the satellite receiver or antenna to make it function. These are the parts you need to get satellite radio in your ride http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-fl-legacy-gt-factory-xm-tuner-module-150639.html. Once you have these installed you'll be able to get your code and contact XM and set up your subscription.

It's an add on accessory that bolts to the chassis of the radio and plugs in. I installed it in my car after I did the 08 radio swap. I am a little disappointed in the reception, I believe it's an actual XM unit, someone told me Sirrus and XM have different satellites. The aftermarket Sirrus I had prior got better reception, same antenna. I was told the XM doesn't have as good of an angle pointing to earth of project the signal. Don't know if it's bullshit but I do know the reception isn't like it used to be.

Archived