LegacyGT.com

Do you get massage?

Hello all,

Figure this would be a great area for me to introduce a little more about me, since I own a wellness facility in Kalamazoo, MI. http://www.kzooathleticwellness.com

I am a Licensed Massage Therapist, and this week I will be taking my NSCA-CPT exam, and expect to pass. I also have a certification in Coaching from Kalamazoo Valley CC where I graduated with a 3.9GPA. (the only thing keeping me from a 4.0 was a shop safety class I took 10 years ago and got a 3.0 in) :nono:I have been practicing massage for 8+ years and have extensive knowledge in sports massage, anatomy, fitness, and nutrition.

I want to offer a $10 group discount to all members of the LegacyGT forums who schedule with me to encourage you all to come in and descover how combining massage therapy and training can make a huge difference in how you feel!

I will also make a point to troll this particular forum and help out with health questions and destroy those myths people like to cling onto when it comes to health and fitness.

So my first question is: Do you get massage?

Many people seem to not understand how massage works, or that massage is more than just a luxury. The worst case scenario is the misconception that massage is purely used for sexual purposes, and the highways littered with billboards for "Oriental Health Spas" that advertise "truckers welcome" don't help that. I welcome all questions you have about massage, and I will ignore all childish unoriginal ignorant remarks. For those of you that get massage, please express the benefits you receive from it so that others can learn from your experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a few massages in the past, usually after I've done some serious physical activity like one of the half marathon's I ran or the century bike ride I did several years ago. Aside from those times it's always been smaller sessions with my wife after a rough soccer game or something.

And no, if I'm hurting to the point of asking for a massage they didn't end with a happy ending.

Massages are great for releasing tight muscles and soreness

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My name is BraddA and I'm here to admit that I have an unhealthy relationship with my ART guy.

He is very hurtful, and makes me feel awful things beyond description.

After every painful encounter, I swear I'll change; swear I'll be stronger, less needy.

But, month after month I go crawling back to him, sizable check in hand.

Please help.

my name is bradda and i'm here to admit that i have an unhealthy relationship with my art guy.

He is very hurtful, and makes me feel awful things beyond description.

After every painful encounter, i swear i'll change; swear i'll be stronger, less needy.

But, month after month i go crawling back to him, sizable check in hand.

Please help.

lol

What is an ART guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Release_Technique

A bit more medical than a massage and very effective if you have particular sports related issues. Painful as all get out as well.

One of the biggest benefits I saw with this at my old job was that people could expense it as part of their HSA/FSA since it was a "Medical Procedure" :p

Archived