LegacyGT.com

BtSsm video demo

Hey all - wanted to post a video for you guys that are curious about this homebrew android app/adapter.

Quick video demo

Original post in the Vendor to Member forum

Thanks for viewing. Please let me know if you have any questions.

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

Very cool.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

I purchased one.

Looks very cool.

If nothing else, to support someone who's developing stuff for our cars.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

I purchased one.

Looks very cool.

If nothing else, to support someone who's developing stuff for our cars.

Great! Hope you like it.

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

Sharing a screenshot of the "View Knock Events" feature... It can help you capture what was going on if/when a knock occurs.

Here's how it works: When the app is running, if it sees the knock sum go up at the same time that either FKC or FLKC is non-zero, then a yellow warning triangle appears. If you press it, the dialog shown below will appear with all of the values at the time of the knock. If there are more than one, you can scroll the list. You can then email/share that info.

It can be helpful if you (or your tuner) are tuning your timing table.

http://www.btssm.com/scrnshots/Screenshot_2014-09-05-knock.png

Day 2 and I love it. The refresh rate is screaming fast! Much faster than my Tactrix 2.0 or even the 1.3 ever was.

Zero bluetooth crashes, zero app crashes.

I pm'd heiche with a few questions and got a response extremely fast.

Yes pretty much any android based tablet or phone can run this. You do not have to have the phone active to use it for the android applications.

There's a specific one that Metro PCS sells, it's very cheap, prepaid so no contract or anything and guys love it when using the YaV1 application with their V1 radar detectors.

EDIT: I don't know if they even still sell these but here's a thread related to them.

http://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=37874

EDIT EDIT: Looks like metro pulled them lol, probably the YaV1 guys bought them all.

Surely they'll be on ebay cheap though.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I keep thinking of more things. If you do decide to start using this application with whatever phone, I don't know if you guys know about proclipusa but they have the absolute best vehicle mounts for whatever devices. They are car + device specific. If you want your screen mounted properly this is the way to go.

OK i'm done now.

Edited by firehawk618

• 7 years later...
I am reviving this.... 8 year old thread :spin:. Looks like the original BtSsm threads have been deleted from the forum :(. There are still folks using this wonderful app. I do all the time. So, we should probably use this thread since the OP here is the creator of this app :).
  • Like 2