LegacyGT.com

1996 Subaru Legacy L - Engine Removal (Torque Converter Bolts)

Hey,

I just bought another Subaru Legacy, now I am salvaging the other Suburu for parts. I am in the process of removing the engine from my 1996 Subaru Legacy L, automatic trans. I have been reading other threads about the "torque-converter to flex plate bolts". What is the easiest way to access these? Do they need to be removed for the engine to be removed? Is there a way to access these bolts from up top? The access point from below looks really confined.

Yes there is. There is an access on top of the engine. Some can get the bolts with a long extension after removing the alternator, others remove the intake to get to it. The access is on the passenger side rear of the engine on top of it. Can't remember if there is a cover, but you should be able to tell once you dive in.

Steve

:lol:Disclaimer:lol: -

<------ This guy is not a mechanic... lol

I would if I could, but occupied for the next 3 days due to picking up a 1998 Impreza Sport for $250 :D, My wife's baby shower, and Thunder Road's Labor Day classic on Sunday. If you ever have a question, feel free to PM, and welcome to the LegacyGT.com community neighbor.

Archived