LegacyGT.com

Downpipe & Stock Heatshield

Hi,

I have a super simple question. I've searched and I'm sure someone has asked this before but could not find a thread that answered it simply.

My question is this: If I bought a CNT catted downpipe for a 2007 Subaru LegacyGT automatic, would I be able to retain the stock heat shield or would I have to purchase an aftermarket one?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dammy.

Did you see the CNT DP for sale in the for sale section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I didn't actually. I'll go look for it but it case I can't find it, could you please post a link?

Thanks.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/socal-05-09-legacy-gt-auto-cnt-catted-dp-229675.html

Not sure if it sold yet, but I have one and there are no issues and the price is right

That price is perfect but I have to wait till our Christmas savings account matures before I can buy anything car related (wife's orders). I hope there is another deal this good closer to October or November. Man. What a steal!

I have a cobb heatsheild with some reflector padding in it for sale. I seen people run everything. That's, coated, wrapped dp and turbo with a hacked shield and an aftermarket shield. Yes, both shields.

Thanks so much for the offer, but it will be at least 2 months before I buy the DP and decide what to do with the heat shield. Again thanks though.

Only two month's.

I finally decided to get off the money and buy a DP for my Spec B, I've only been saying I was going to buy one for about 2 years now. :)

I found a good deal from a trusted member here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yes I know that feeling. That's why they God created Over time and side jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. No kidding.

Only two month's.

I finally decided to get off the money and buy a DP for my Spec B, I've only been saying I was going to buy one for about 2 years now. :)

I found a good deal from a trusted member here.

I hope I can do the same. What are your impressions of the power difference Max? Did you have just an ecu tune before the DP?

• 1 year later...

That funny feeling when you are doing random yahoo searches and pull up your own thread from years ago! Thank you guys for all your advice.

I scored a super sweet deal on a Cobb DP and ended up trimming the stock heat shield. Been running for that with no issues since.

Thanks again for all your help so long long ago.

Archived