LegacyGT.com

This a good deal?

Hey everyone. I've got a friend of mine who has a spare uppipe and headers from his Sti. He offered to install them on my LGT for $200.

I know every subaru uppipe is interchangeable but I've got no clue about headers. Would this be a good upgrade for my car? And is this a good deal or should I see if he can go a little lower?

Thanks!

STi Headers and Up should work seeing that most of us are running the STi Up in place of the cat found in your stock 05 Up. Last few pics will help out for the EGT sensor.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4671538&postcount=13

Wait, we talking stock STi headers or an aftermarket brand?

STi Headers and Up should work seeing that most of us are running the STi Up in place of the cat found in your stock 05 Up. Last few pics will help out for the EGT sensor.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4671538&postcount=13

Wait, we talking stock STi headers or an aftermarket brand?

Thanks for linking that thread it had just about all the information I wanted to know!

One question I still have though is should I get a tune because of this swap? Or is it not too necessary? I kind of want to get at least a dp and new exhaust before I get a protune.

Are these the factory headers on the STi or aftermarket ones? If they are stock, i'm not sure what gains can be had from them over what you already have. The Up pipe would be the best bet at that point.

No tune needed for up pipe, it actually reduces heat thus safety margin is increased. As for stock sti header, you shouldn't need a tune either, even if it flows better then LGT one, it will be minor (less then how much a catless up pipe helps).

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived