LegacyGT.com

Thinking of selling my Spec B

2007 Spec B with 93k on it. Just a nameless performance axle back exhaust, hids, backup cam, and a stage 1 tune as mods.

KBB is $17,261. I've got an extended warranty with a reputable 3rd party(Route 66) good until 130k or 10/2017. So about as good as a new car warranty. How much value do you think there may be in that if I include it? If I cash it out it would be around a $1500 refund. I'm thinking of listing it with that as an option.

Is the KBB value under/over valued?

Aside from figuring out why imgur flipped a few images, any other shots I should include when I go to actually list it?

Photos

Nothing wrong with it. Dealer serviced. Just selling it in prep for our move out west.

Yeah, pacific northwest is definitely a Subaru hot spot. However, we had a pretty rough winter here last year that may incentivize some more local buyers. Question is would I get so much more out there to cover the cost of shipping from Ohio to Washington?

You would probably get 2-3k more for the car in Washington vs Ohio.

:yeahthat:

Yeah, pacific northwest is definitely a Subaru hot spot. However, we had a pretty rough winter here last year that may incentivize some more local buyers. Question is would I get so much more out there to cover the cost of shipping from Ohio to Washington?

. . but not enough to really cover the cost of transport/shipping. Plus, isn't Ohio a salt state?

We don't like salty cars here.

Really? So near $20k for an '07? Shipping quote is around $1600(just an online quote I'm sure they'll nickel and dime that up) so that nets a bit more.

Up here, dealers routinely list 07-09 Bs for 20k+. I'm not sure what they actually get as a final price, though, I'm sure it's close to that.

If price varies that much may list it on eBay and see if people are willing to pay a bit higher and cover shipping.

People seem to think they HAVE TO HAVE the SpecB and will not only search for months, but often travel to look at and/or buy one. Might be a good idea, just to see who's out there.

If price varies that much may list it on eBay and see if people are willing to pay a bit higher and cover shipping.

when you list on ebay, you put down where they can pick up the car from. They are responsible for shipping, not you.

As others have said, there is a premium for cars in the Pacific Northwest, however, you'll need to show there is no rust on your car. Otherwise, no one cares as we've all seen pictures and read horror stories of eastern owners working on their cars / snapping rusty bolts.

Best bet is list on the for sale forum here at the price you want. Show all pics, including the undercarriage, and suspension.

here's a few ppl who want spec b:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229231&highlight=spec

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228063&highlight=spec

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228874&highlight=spec

that's in the last 2 weeks. I'm sure you can find more. PM each person and ask if they want to buy your car. Reference your thread in the for sale forum. YOu'll probably get a hit pretty quickly.

Archived