LegacyGT.com

FitBit or the like discussion thread.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I discovered the most important thing to do was start. Also, get someone who can encourage you.

My chiropractor is an ex-pro mountain biker and has been on my case for 2 years to get fit. Finally scared me enough to do something 2 months ago. I go in twice a week for a pep talk and adjustment. It's really paying off. Next week, I start PT & massage as I'm finally strong enough to benefit.

• 4 weeks later...

starting 3rd week of PT. Shoulder is finally working right and do minor lifting. Tied a stretchy band to the desk and set a reminder to do my exercises every hour.

Picked up bike gloves and better pedals for the bike, as both hands & feet went numb on last ride.

Fitbit has become a habit. When it gets late and I'm not getting my numbers, I take the dog for another walk.

• 4 weeks later...

while it was working, it was great. I'm still doing the exercise and recording data, even without the wristband. As a way to change your habits, I think it has been a success.

However, like all change, there has to be more than a little bit of want involved. If you don't want to change or you're not really motivated, this likely won't help.

• 4 weeks later...
I got a misfit shine from our wellness program at work, and besides going through batteries every few months I really like it minimalist design as stated previously and tracks pretty much anything you do including sleep. One caveat is that the functionality is better with iphone than android but allegedly that is being worked on. For a fancy pedometer it is perfect and definitely not bulky.

• 2 months later...
I bought Jawbone Up24 but wife didn't like it. Returned, she ordered Fitbit HR wore for one day, she then say it looks weird on her tiny wrist. Now she want Fitbit flex, I went to Costco and pick up one for her. Now she wants to try something else like smart watch. My 3.5yr daughter been wearing the flex. Lol, going to monitor how active my daughter is, I'm using the HR now. I kinda hate when you walk your hand with the fitbit must swing to get counts. If your hand busy carreing heavy things or push stroller/shopping cart you get nothing.

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

gave up on my fitbit flex, as stopped tracking after 3 months. Customer service wouldn't replace it. However, still like their concept better than the others. So, bot a charge HR - tracking plus heart rate plus OLED screen to display instant data. Taking a bit to get back in the swing of things. Plus I can check my HR when I start feeling like crap...HR spike seems to co-relate.

I bought Jawbone Up24 but wife didn't like it. Returned, she ordered Fitbit HR wore for one day, she then say it looks weird on her tiny wrist. Now she want Fitbit flex, I went to Costco and pick up one for her. Now she wants to try something else like smart watch. My 3.5yr daughter been wearing the flex. Lol, going to monitor how active my daughter is, I'm using the HR now. I kinda hate when you walk your hand with the fitbit must swing to get counts. If your hand busy carreing heavy things or push stroller/shopping cart you get nothing.

My wife has tiny wrists and has the small fitbit (the regular $99 one), and it looks OK. A bit big, but it doesn't bother her. She was initially obsessed, but she's gotten a bit better lol

gave up on my fitbit flex, as stopped tracking after 3 months. Customer service wouldn't replace it. However, still like their concept better than the others. So, bot a charge HR - tracking plus heart rate plus OLED screen to display instant data. Taking a bit to get back in the swing of things. Plus I can check my HR when I start feeling like crap...HR spike seems to co-relate.

Wow, that bad customer service?

I been wearing my HR to shower and my daughter likes to dump the Flex in a cup of water just for fun.

16' Legacy Mods: 55w HID + XB35 5500k, LEDS upgrades, XB Type T Fog, 20mm SB.

Custom Footwell Illiminate Kit; http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/15-legacy-outback-footwell-illumination-kit-237567.html

• 1 year later...

I haven't had to deal with customer service, but I picked up a used flex for my wife and a used charge for myself over the summer and we have been wearing them daily without issue since. Neither of us are good at really working to hit our step goal, but the challenges are fun and overall I have seen an improvement in activity since we got them.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I like my Charge HR, have had it for about a month.

Haven't had to deal with customer service, but I've seen plenty of reports of people easily getting replacements if they have an issue with theirs.

I only weight lift at the moment, but am shopping for running shoes...the fitbit's made me realize just how sedentary I am most week days. City life = lots of walking on weekends, but not so much on the weekdays.

I like my Charge HR, have had it for about a month.

Haven't had to deal with customer service, but I've seen plenty of reports of people easily getting replacements if they have an issue with theirs.

I only weight lift at the moment, but am shopping for running shoes...the fitbit's made me realize just how sedentary I am most week days. City life = lots of walking on weekends, but not so much on the weekdays.

lol same deal for me though I don't life in a real City. First full day wearing my fitbit I found that I had only taken 2500 steps by 2pm. That was a wake up call.

As for replacing the actual device, Fitbit has been pretty good to me and my family so far. Both mine and my wife's fitbit flexes got cracks in them and stopped working within the first year, emailed fitbit about it and they sent us new ones within the week. Haven't had an issue with the new one yet but they have replaced my band under warranty several times.

My brother's charge hr wouldn't hold charge for more than 36 hours. He contacted them and they sent him a new one. My wife eventually replaced with a Charge and the band started cracking on it so they sent her a new one as well.

My brother's charge hr wouldn't hold charge for more than 36 hours. He contacted them and they sent him a new one. My wife eventually replaced with a Charge and the band started cracking on it so they sent her a new one as well.

Mine lasts 5-6 days, from full to dead. I wish there were a more accurate way to view battery. When it's plugged in, you see the charging bar go up, but there's no way to view that otherwise. I find that once the app says it's low, I still get another 24-36 hours at least.

I do have all-day sync and quick view (turn your wrist to view time) turned off, which helps conserve battery.

I bought a couple cables from amazon for ~$7. I have the original cable in my office, then have one plugged in to a wall charger in my bathroom for when I'm showering, and have another one in my bedroom, which will probably become more of a travel cable.

Archived