LegacyGT.com

FitBit or the like discussion thread.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Check out mybasis.com , I've used this watch for the past year, I think it's better than a fitbit and not many ppl know about it.

Ya I dodnt see her using that though.

I was looking for something like this, too. Wanted one that let you add your food intake, too.

You can load calories in with the FitBit from what I read but its online not in the device.

They have FitBits in my local Walgreens. My girlfriend had a FitBit Zip that she really liked. I think the Zip tends to be the most accurate. She ended up getting a new one after calling FitBit when hers stopped working (It isn't made to go through the wash several times). She just said it stopped working and they sent her a new one. They just confirmed some purchasing info without a receipt that wasn't from FitBit directly. Her Zip was recently stolen and she is now contemplating getting the Flex.

Ya I dodnt see her using that though.

You can load calories in with the FitBit from what I read but its online not in the device.

If you have a smartphone with the FitBit app, you can log everything from your phone, dont have to deal with a computer.

I have had a FitBit One for about a month and a half, and I do like it. Like any sort of "fitness" device, it's only as helpful as you make it to be. There's a FitBit app for both Android and iOS, and they let you set weight goals and track your caloric intake, as well as # of steps, miles, floors climbed, even how much you sleep. I ordered mine from amazon with prime shipping and had no fuss there. 100$ is a bit steep for what is essentially a fancy pedometer, but the device paired with your phone (via bluetooth) and the app give an easy way to track and see what your habits are.

my .02

amazon. showed up Sunday after ordering on Thursday.

So far, I'm happy with it. Hooked up to my android phone. Let's me track water & food consumption from the phone, tracks my activity. And can view results from any browser. It comes with enough charge that you can start using right away.

Signup requires accurate wieght & height to get your bmi, the rest you can fudge. Helps if your birth year is close.

UI seems pretty good on computer & andriod and you can customize which widgets you see.

Will be curious how it does after a week or so. The touch to sleep and wake up is a bit sucky. However, its a small price to pay at this point. I put it on my dominant wrist which seems to be affecting how many calories I'm actually burning (driving to work was 1000 calories). Will be switching that out soon, so hoping for a more accurate reading. Although, to be honest, having a decent water/food tracker was much of the allure.

The sleep tracker was enlightening even after 1 night. If its right, it explains why I always feel tired in the morning. Apparently I walked an eight mile in my sleep.

Does it tell you how to fix it? Identifying a problem is great fixing it is key :lol::lol:

Looking at the chart the main takeaways are goto bed before its tomorrow and don't do your workout in the hour before you try to sleep.

Watching my rem sleep get later and later thru the week as workouts get later and more intense.

• 2 weeks later...
I've had my fitbit flex for about a month and a half now. Weight hasn't changed much. You can't really count on that calorie counter to be precise though. I'm really just using it as an overengineered pedometer at this point. I like the integration with the phone and the sleep tracking stuff though there have been many many times where I will forget to put it in sleep mode and or take it out of sleep mode. as I'm falling asleep its not one of the first things on my mind to do.

I'm late into week 3 of fitbit and noticed routine is getting better. I'm consistently getting exercise everyday and paying some attention to what I eat and when. The chiropractor I see 2x week said he's noticed a difference. Personally, I've noted my back doesn't hurt much at all anymore.

Just added lunges on the morning stair climb a couple of days ago. 3 weeks ago, I was having trouble making it to the 3rd floor without stopping.

Sleep is all over the map. 2 days ago I had 11.5 hours of coma like rest, last night it was 7 of restless tossing & turning.

I'm at the end of week one with the Jawbone Up24 and am very happy. I walked just over a mile every day at lunch this week (1.14 in 17 min today). Next week, we're upping the distance. Sleep is very consistant for me - about 8 hours, a little more than half of it, deep sleep.

Archived